New Season Gems Galore

So i have an idea for a new season: Allow ramaldni’s gift to be used on any piece of gear even if the gear normally can not have a socket i.e. gloves, shoulders etc. Allow legendary gems to be socketed into any piece of gear, any open socket.

1 Like

So, gear that would normally have a single socket such as helm, rings and amulet would have their usual socket rolled into an offensive affix, then have their socket re-added via Ramaladni’s Gifts and armour slots that don’t currently have a socket gain one. That means every slot except Chest / Legs would have an extra single socket. That’s 7 extra gem slots (so 7 * 280 main stat = 1960 main stat) and 4 extra affixes. Oh, and what about the Crusader’s Finery passive? That gives 1.5% more STR per gem, so they get an additional 10.5% more STR due to those gems.

What would happen at the end of the season to the gear that’s been socketed this way, and gets transferred to non-seasonal era heroes? Anyone that didn’t partake in the season and get good gear with all these extra sockets would be at a massive, permanent disadvantage in the era.

Short version - no, bad idea.

1 Like

That is a good idea bud I fully support this idea! Lets make it happen developers that care to peruse this forum make this happen. Items at the end of the season will remain as they did during the season. People that did not participate in the season well that was their own choice! This will attract more players if advertised enough in advance would recruit mega following. Also the theme to the season following this would have to be out of the box in order to detract people from not playing season and just using their new socketed items. Maybe Angel wings from season rewards that gives you a 2000% power boost lol :::)) or a follow that can be used in a group or rune words and charms oh yeah why not!

Yes to allowing ram gifts to add sockets to any socketable item, but only those that can already have sockets. No to making all items socketable with ram gifts.

well the thing is i know the gear would mess things up after season ends but with diablo 4 announced and the fact that next season is season 20 i think it would be a good way to send the game off and maybe have a never ending season maybe even add other things like double gobs double bounty mats and just come out and say this is the final patch for d3 this season will not end ever and we hope you enjoy whatever crazy shenanigans you can do with all the extra gems

A never ending season is no season at all :laughing:

1 Like