Newbie here seeking guidance

Hey, newbie here to diablo 3.

An ex WoW player been looking for a console replacement game similar to wow and thought in would give Diablo 3 a go.

I’m just playing normal at the moment to get an idea of the game and how to play it but I am not sure whether i am finding it extremely easy.

Literally flying through the game, gone from level 1 to 35 in a few hours, the ‘Elites’ and bosses I have fought have lasted less than 5 seconds. Their health just melts away. Is normal character meant to be so easy?

Also I dont know how similar it is to WoW but how do you play with other people? and do a random ‘dungeon’ etc

I’ve been trying to understand what the seasonal characters are but I dont really understand what is appealing about creating a seasonal character for it to just be reset and start again from scratch? Is this normal behaviour? Coming from a WoW background where you can try and max a class as best as you can is my appeal.

Is this also just a game you play with a friends list or can you do a search to hook up with random people?

Okay firstly: Normal is what most games call Easy or Very Easy- it’s a throwback to D1’s official-at-launch-now-not Expansion called Hellfire in which Sierra included increased difficulties. These have been standard since until Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls called Normal (Easy), Nightmare (lv.40+ Normal difficulty most games) and Hell (lv.60+ D2, Hard for most games). Come Reaper the game had many changes including to this system.
First was Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno but by Reaper v2.0 it was remodelled into today:- Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, Torment 1-16 with Torment 16 being the most difficult.

Normal to Expert are designed to start you off, teach the game and get you into some fun builds. Unless playing on Xbox version; once reaching lv.10 you may create a Hardcore character (Warning: if it dies, Blizzard will not restore it you must start all over at lv.1) at lv.60 you unlock Master difficulty and at lv.70 Torment.

Defeating Malthael (RoS required) unlocks Adventure Mode which at least 99.9% of D3 players play as Campaign is very static and most give up on it once complete. Adventure Mode is essential if you want to truly experience Season/ Ladder play.

Onto your MP queries.

Starting a Public Game will allow players to join you, up to 3 (4 including you). In doing so enemies get tougher and all Followers (Templar, Scoundrel and Enchantress) are disabled you cannot take one.
MP can also through choosing Private be arranged to just be you and friends. Console versions are much tighter in restriction as only your friends who have played D3 once can be invited whereas PC version can send invites to Battlenet friends.

Which is next point- Diablo 3 on console cannot access Battlenet… period. It is purely for Blizzard’s internal use to know who to allow access to what characters. Diablo 2: Resurrection and Diablo 4 may alter this but D3 currently has no interaction with Battlenet at all.

Last thing about max a character… D3 has two caps if you like. Character and Account/ Player. Character caps at lv.70; it cannot gain skills or passives at this point. It then begins to level up your Account or what it calls the Paragon system.

Surface, Paragon appears to be a Talent points system in reality it’s a means of truly maxing potential. There are at least 5,000 Paragon levels to reach… that’s mental but after 800 you only gain points for the Core category as Main Stat (Intelligence if Wizard, Necromancer or Witch Doctor- Dexterity if Monk or Demon Hunter and Strength if Barbarian or Crusader) and Vitality the top two choices- have no cap on them whereas every other option caps at 50.

Each character has their own pool of Paragon points so feel free to throw them on each how you feel best helps you kill stuff and Hardcore characters get their own Stash, Kanai’s Cube passives (Adventure Mode to unlock and modify) and Paragon levels so don’t worry; your HC and Normal Wizards are not ruining each other and your Barb can be setup separate from both as example.

Hi Cassandra

Please make sure you check when a thread was last posted to. This one is nearly a year old now. Necroing threads like this is actually against our code of conduct so please be careful ^^

1 Like