No matter how many players available, joining always waits 30s then creates a game

I have tried now over 30 times. I am level 70, on a PC, and have tried both wifi and hardwire. I go into Game Settings, select Adventure Mode, then I pick ANY difficulty and ANY tag (bounty, etc.).

I see there are a number of players available for that particular setting, and I click join.

It then goes to “Searching” for 30 seconds, then automatically puts me in my own game and no player ever joins.

I even went to Torment VI, Rifts, where there were 190 playing! And it still put me in my own game after 30 seconds.

I am connecting to Blizzard’s server just fine or else I wouldn’t be able to play the game.

I managed to connect one time at level 56. I had 2 other players at the same level who did 1 rift with me. That was it. EVERY OTHER TIME AFTER has never connected with anyone.

That figure is notoriously unreliable, and frequently says zero, and you select the game and instantly get put into a group with three other people.

I see from your Battlenet tag and your Career Page that you’re a US region player, but you’ve posted to the EU Technical Support forum. This isn’t a Tech Support issue, so you’re probably better off with the US General Discussion forum.

As we’re now into the fourth week of the season, it’s highly likely that the only public games that you’re likely to find people in will be at Torment 16. Having looked at your seasonal hero, he’s only wearing 3/6 of his set armour, along with some yellows. I’d posit that means you haven’t done a T16 nephalem rift on him, which means some of the higher public difficulties (where all the players are) will be restricted to you until you do so.

You say you’ve tried all difficulties. At the gear level your hero’s at, you’re really looking at doing Torment 1, just to ensure the possibility of set gear dropping. This far into the season there’s almost no hope of finding publics for T1 rifts. Work your way through the season journey, complete the first four chapters to ensure you get your 6-piece armour bonus, and you’ll instantly be able to jump to T10 (if you haven’t got supporting legendaries) or T13 (if you have). Then work your way to doing a solo T16 rift, and that unlocks access to all the public difficulties.

Oh, or just shout out in the General Chat in-game and ask to tag along with a nicely geared Barbarian and ask them if they’d be willing to drop Barb stuff they don’t need. This far into the season, most Barbs will be fully ancient / primal, so they’d be more than happy to do this.

Good luck.

Hi,

I´ve been experiencing the same issue for the past 2 days now on the EU servers (My Account is EU).
Same thing, regardless if there are 2 or 83 parties, after 30sec, I get pushed into a solo party.

Any advice at this point would be great.

Cancel and start over.

This hero?

The reason you won’t find public games is because the season’s been running for well over a month at this point which means almost exclusively people are playing with level 70 heroes at Torment 16 difficulty. You won’t find people at level 50 in low difficulties.

My advice would be that you ask for a level boost in the in-game General Chat. A level 70 hero will take you into a Torment 6 game, and you’ll be level 70 in under 10 minutes, then you’ll find plenty of people to play with.

Thanks! That makes sense to be honest, much appreciated @Meteorblade