Occasional dmg burst

I did notice that once in a while i get one hit burst of dmg as Guardian cd is shown on screen. First i thought it’s just unlucky positioning or some crazy champion affix. But then it happened on t10 and was like, ok something is not right. And then it happened on gr 75 while having shield effect from pylon. Anyone else noticed this as well?

1 Like

Yes, it’s been noticed and reported in the Bug Report forum.

1 Like

Doesn’t shield pylon give you total immunity to slow, immobilise, and other such barriers to damage?

Yes, it’s supposed to, which is why a hero with a shield pylon power active taking damage and proc’ing the follower’s “cheat death” ability is a bug. It was reported during the PTR too and the patch notes when going to live said…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/blog/23647866/season-23-|-the-disciples-of-sanctuary-|-preview-blog-|-patch-270-now-live-3-22-2021#Bugs

• Fixed an issue with the Follower’s cheat death skills activating while the player had a Shield Pylon active.

But it would appear they still haven’t fixed it. When it was reported on PTR one theory is that the order in which the game checks things is incorrect, i.e. it’s checking to see whether an attack would reduce your hero’s HP zero (proc’ing the follower’s “cheat death” ability) before it’s checking to see if you have a damage immunity shield active.

1 Like

I’ve seen something similar - as some pylons can be counterproductive for some builds, depending on the rift. Using the Monkey Kings garb with sweeping wind, depending on the affixes of the “champion”, it can take a long time to defeat it - even longer than a boss kill, and somehow it can still knock off the stacks with a hit, with the so-called shield pylon.

@Meteorblade thanks for bug reports and links. It seems this is what happened to me as well.