P841 HC Character lost due to lag

TURGAN (70)841 HC - R.I.P.

Since the beginning of Diablo II I have played only HC Characters in Sanctuary… Today I lost my best barbarian P841 due to 30 seconds long LAG… It is sad and very that no Boss nor a challenge provided by the game killed my Barb but the bloody lag…

It is even more ironic that I created this character on the 17/1/2016… It is very annoying that he met his end in such a way…

The lag killed not only my character I created exactly 4 years ago but it did kill also my interest in the game.

I reported the issue to Blizzard but I don’t think they would listen or do anything about it… It is sad but they have just lost another player and a great Diablo fan…

Nonetheless, I wish all of you still a lot of fun - maybe we will meet one day again.

Best
TURGAN

PS. I silently hope for a wonder that perhaps Blizzard would reconsider restoration of HC High-Level Characters lost due to lags…

Did you read agreement before opening hc char?

1 Like

As you clicked agree on this…

Permanent Death

You have but one life, eager hero. If you should die, though your deeds will be remembered, you shall not return again.

Customer Service will not revive a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason. All of your hero’s items will be lost forever upon death.

The only thing you could report is that you got exactly what you agreed to.

4 Likes

Consider yourself lucky to have played hardcore for so long without losing a hero to lag or other bugs.
You also didn’t lose any of your paragon points and you have had plenty of time to fill your stash with duplicates so you can get a new hero going in no time.

3 Likes

ohhh buhh hu… happens to all of us at some point, part of the deal if you insist on playing HC. If this ia all it takes for you to loose interest in the game, you can´t really have been a fan.
Have a cookie and play on one of your spare chars that you lvled and geared right??? just in case shit happened!!!

2 Likes

Only just noticed that it took you four years to get 841 paragon.
That’s a couple of weeks worth of XP these days.

1 Like

Yes, it is true. I became occassional player due to work-life-balance issue hence the loss is truly painful.

I hope u get my point, now.

Best regards
TURGAN

1 Like

Lag death is always boring, I often lose interest myself when that happens, but normally just for a couple of days or so. If you have farmed for so many years, maybe you have some backup gear?

There has been major powercreeps in D3 since you made your character, I guess it won’t take too long before you are back and running if you really want. This season in HC I was fully geared and had 4 augmented pieces after 3 days, p1000+.

wow 841 para in 4 years. i do that in 2 days at season start

1 Like

Its been a while since I began season in HC, I wonder how fast I would get to 1000 now without help from higher paragon friends. I get 800-1000 in 2 days in SC though, that I know.

In Season 17, I played a HC Barbarian.
At the time she died, she was Paragon 809.
Total time played on her was 127 hours 36 minutes.

127.6 hours in four years equates to around 2 hours 40 minutes a month, or a little over five minutes a day. Is your point that you hardly invested any time into your hero?

Hi Meteorblade,

no it was not. I have a time consuming job, family and a house to look after. I am not that young anymore;)

I have played Diablo since its beginning but, due to natural development, the time for playing had been getting more scarce with every year… it is true I can’t play Diablo a lot anymore, that is why I found my loss (due to a bloody lag) so irrtitating…

Well, nonetheless thank you for you replies. It can’t be undone, so here I am.

A pleasant day for you all and good hunting!

Best
TURGAN

2 Likes

For future HC chars… If you notice even the slightest lag and playing solo, just press ESC to pause the game and leave it paused until you feel it’s safe to continue.

And make sure you don’t use heavy AoE builds in combination with Area Damage as this can completely lock up the game. It looks and feels like lag, but it’s just the game engine that can’t handle all the calculations. If you notice this type of lag, immediately stop attacking and try to run away. This issue gets multiplied by the amount of players in your group.

RIP Turgan.

1 Like

Banhammer is loading…

Buhu, be more dramatic over something so trivial. You know the risks of playing HC, man up and face the consequences.

More like days honestly.

Another tip for hc. Have some gems of ease in your stash so that if you die you can use legendaries from lvl 1 and reach lvl70 fast. Also, have duplicates of all your items in your stash so that you can come back to your build on a second character. I have the 13 items that i wear, 2 or 3 times in my stash and when i am farming i use the inferrior versions of them so in case anything happens i ll just lose only them.