Pants of Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan different bonus values

Hi,

Pants of Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan “… while moving and decreased by 20% - 25% while standing still” at Ancient items can be dropped maximum value 25%, but on Primal Ancient items that value be maximum 20%.

I guess something incorrect one of them.

I don’t think so…

Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan

Your resource generation and damage is increased by 25% while moving and decreased by 24% while standing still. [20 - 25]%

The first value, for when you’re moving, is fixed at 25%.
The second value, for when you’re stood still, is variable between 20% and 25%.

Now, for ease of reference, we usually refer to primal ancients as having maximum values on affixes, e.g. if a legendary power had a range of 150% to 200%, a primal would have 200%, because that’s the maximum value. However, that’s not strictly how attributes on primals are assigned. Instead, they are give the most beneficial value.

For something like damage, main stats, legendary power and so on, that’s the highest value but, for items like these pants, a value of 20% is the best possible value for the “whilst standing still” section, as this is the least possible detrimental value to your hero. In other words, if the second value was at its highest possible value of 25%, that would result in your hero doing less damage, not more, when stood still.

20% is the correct value for the 2nd half of the legendary power on primals of these pants.

7 Likes
Dont think so? Check the pictures at link and you will see what i am talking about.
[type or paste code here](https://imgur.com/gallery/T3DFDTX)

Embedding your pictures…

Yes, you’re confirming my explanation. However, it appears you did not understand the explanation so let’s try with some maths…

Imagine that your hero’s base damage is 1,000,000.

With the ancient pants equipped you’d get…
Moving = 1,000,000 * 1.25 = 1,250,000
Still = 1,000,000 * 0.75 = 750,000

With the primal pants equipped you’d get…
Moving = 1,000,000 * 1.25 = 1,250,000
Still = 1,000,000 * 0.80 = 800,000

The ancients have a 25% penalty to your damage when stood still.
The primals have a 20% penalty to your damage when stood still.

This is why the primals have the most beneficial value on the affix, i.e. they have the lowest possible penalty.

4 Likes