Paragon lvl on hardcore should not be account-wide

Hi,

Hardcore player only in diablo 2&3 since 2006. I have no problem with paragon levels being account-shared between characters in softcore, but it should not be in hardcore. When you die, your character should lose all its items, including the paragon levels. Keeping paragon levels after death in hardcore goes totally contrary to the philosophy of the hardcore mode.

Best regards,
Gabriel

2 Likes

OK, saying Blizzard, to prevent that: now if you die in Hardcore, all your other Hardcore characters will also die, then you will never be able to create anymore characters in this mode and Hardcore game mode option will be grey out forever. Please, buy a new copy of our game (with the new account), thanks for the tip for making more money from our moo livestockā€¦
Thatā€™s kind of fun to read such totally stupid suggestionsā€¦

Dude you played like 6 hours hc with your paragon level. Easy to talk about losing all paragon lvls when you dont have any

Iā€™ve seen requests from time to time from both hardcore and softcore players to be able to start a hero completely from scratch - like you do with your first hero in a new season. To get that change Blizzard would have to make a new game mode - which isnā€™t likely.
Only option is to make heroes in other regions.

Actually the option has been implemented since years.
It is called ā€œSeasonsā€

What happens if you make a single, season hardcore hero and it dies and then you make a new season hardcore hero? Does it have access to the stash items, gold (plus the other stuff) and paragon points earned by the first hero?

Yes. 20 character requirement to post is really annoying when 3 letters would have sufficed.

1 Like

Yes.

What is this sorcery?

1 Like

Yes.

No .

3 Likes

Only thing that you lose is the hero (obviously) and whatever items are equipped by the hero and the followers as well as any items that there are in the characterā€™s Inventory. When that hero dies, Paragons, stash, and cube powers are accessible with a new character. This is something that you can take advantage of. For example you can keep an extra pair of the same items that your build requires and when you start a second character, with a little bit of self boosting with gems of ease, you can continue without loosing that much.

2 Likes

As Boubou has let the secret out, the reason that works is because the characters between the less-than and greater-than signs are treated as HTML / mark-up code so whilst theyā€™re part of the character count, they are not displayed.

You can also do things with smilies. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
The underlying code for that smilie isā€¦

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

ā€¦and thatā€™s 33 characters.

3 Likes

To Kargon and Yukos, I kind of knew that - even though I donā€™t play hardcore. My question was directed at Stilgarsā€™ answer, ā€œplay season,ā€ which doesnā€™t solve the ā€œproblemā€ OP has.

1 Like

Given the frequency of DCs, especially the lag when pushing 4 man grifts, I like that paragons are shared between toons.

1 Like

I kind of have to agree with OP hereā€¦ Paragon on a newly made Hardcore Character that is not earned by that character ā€˜feelsā€™ a bit like a ā€˜hackā€™.

I kind of also feel sympathy for those that have build up alot of Paragon and are afraid of losing that in Hardcore.

This is a difficult subject.