Please don't get rid of Etherals

I know this might be controversial, but… I REALLY like Ethereals. They add a really fun and interesting dynamic to the loot chase. The randomness of the 2 unique rolls. The 3 bases per class, the different use cases. Very cool.

I know they’re only supposed to be seasonal, and they’ll even be removed from our characters after the season. I don’t care too much about a non-seasonal char losing them.

What I do care about is the cool aspect they have added to loot and items. The excitement of having one drop. Wondering what it rolled with. Seeing if a base that isn’t so great still got the rolls you want. Wondering if it’s an upgrade and working that out.

It’s an extra loot consideration beyond “is this ancient or not, and if not, just chunk it all”. It’s fun, it’s interesting, it’s something to chase and get excited for.

In season, Ethereals are a little rare. I would suggest making them even rarer after this season if they are kept in. Keep that fun chase going, make them even more exciting as a result of the rarity.

Also, could even add more than 3 bases per class. This would dilute the pool and make it harder to find what you want, but, if y’all can think of other bases that would be cool, it could increase build diversity like Legacy of Dreams did.

Anyways, to conclude, please keep Ethereals in, in some form. They’re a really nice addition.

11 Likes

The devs would have to take the maximum gr beyond 150

1 Like

keep etherals beyond s24, they added so much fun to d3, and added diversity in the meta, for xp farming etc. Game is fun now, hasnt been for a very long time (imo)

7 Likes

Is it just me or is the way they implemented Ethereals very much seem like a test to see if the new Legendary system in Diablo 4 is going to be viable? If so that is a pretty smart way to test and see if systems in Diablo 4 are going to be ‘hot or not’.

2 Likes

No. Ethereals is to celebrate D2 Resurrected.

I would like to keep my hard earned ethereals too after season. I’m a fan of power creep :laughing:

1 Like

As much as I like ethereals and this season, I am pretty sure that they won’t keep them after the season ends. Every season in the past that had to do with such a significant power boost was for one time only.

Agreed going down in power is never fun. Would love if they kept them somehow.

1 Like

Long live ethereal powah

1 Like

True. It’s the most fun I ever had in D3.

2 Likes

agreed. having a fun season.

1 Like

They’re definitely disappearing at the end of the season. They ran a specific test on the PTR to ensure that it wasn’t possible to accidentally get them transferred back to non-seasonal…

1 Like

+1 to keep ethereas to next season… i was off from the game 5 years and since season 24 found about this weapons i play again and I will play next season if they Keep them

1 Like

On a side note: con"grand"tulations with your Ethereal Grandfather.

I agree the should keep the ethereals at least non season , either way the GR150 there is a joke with so many having thousands of paragons, but not in every season cause the ethereals would replace all the weapons and no theme could ever be good

1 Like

Maybe the best season yet. Ethereals are amazing and i doupt i will continue playing if they get rid of them. So much time spent on finding them and i had so much fun using them in many combinations with other existing items. Please dont remove them, they are an amazing addition. If you think they are overpowered maybe nerf them or add new torments, either way they make the game great and fresh.

You’ve barely played the game and are already talking about leaving ?
Oh well… best of luck for the future !

1 Like

I checked that too and wondered about it, but from what he says about enjoying experimenting with ethereals in different combinations I’m convinced he has another account.