Poor rift design

Last period of gaming, I frequently entered rifts (greater and Nephalem rifts), that just ended with a portal to town without having the opportunity to finish the rift! Is Diablo suffering from a kind of breakdown of its rift generating?

If you reach the end of a NR / GR, i.e. you get to a floor which has a town portal obelisk on it, that means you’ve run past far too many mobs without killing them. There is always more than enough mobs to fill up the progress bar.

2 Likes

Nope, not in my case. It was only the second floor and both floor completely cleared with a rift guardian. Plain stupid! And happened to me for both type of rifts!

If the Guardian spawned, that means you filled up the progress bar, i.e. there were enough mobs. There is always enough mobs. If you reach the end obelisk it means you ran past too many of them without killing them.

Always.

1 Like

with = without a rift guardian, of course! There was no rift guardian, typing error, sorry. Everything ended empty with nothing, multiple times. So waste of time, rift keys (for greater rifts)

Every single rift / greater rift contains more than enough mobs required to achieve 100% progression to spawn the guardian. If you’ve reach the obelisk at the “end” that means you’ve run past far, far too many mobs. There are no rifts / greater rifts which contain insufficient mobs to spawn the guardian.

Again a level that went plain dead on my PS5, this time a bounty run, ended up with a completely empty level without any bounty bound stuff. Seems like Blizz leaves the PS5 players with a game with dead rifts and bounties, pls think before you play Diablo on your PS5, this game is plain broken!!