Raiziel kill players with ray attack?

I’ve seen that the Boss Raiziel can oneshot players (in grift 70+ difficulty) using the ray attack. I’m using a barbarian with Wastes set + Band of Might (ring) how power cube + Mortick’s brace (wrists) equipped. Can the Blizzards control and fix that boss special attack please?

1 Like

The “golden darts” that Raziel throws out in a fan are Holy damage. If you look in your hero’s character sheet, and go into Details, you’ll notice there isn’t a section specifically for Holy resistances, it’s paired with your Arcane resist. INT-based heroes are therefore way more likely to be able to survive this attack, as heroes gain INT/10 as All Resist. This leaves STR and DEX based heroes with naturally lower All Resist.

I took a quick look at your seasonal WW Barb - Korgan - and you’re missing All Resist on your chest, legs and boots (which do at least have individual arcane resist on so that helps against Holy). The boss’s attack is telegraphed so you can watch for it being about to occur. At that point move so that your Templar is between you and the boss. The Templar (with his “cannot die” relic) takes the Holy bolts, and you move back in and start hitting the boss again.

Also, your hero looks to be in an XP farming build / gear but has gems in the 120s. So, I presume you have a good set of Little Rogue / Slanderer for pushing with? These give a lot more mitigation due to the stacking defence buff than the BK weapons.

You just need to physically dodge the darts and move away from that aoe Lightning. Raiziel is working as intended and is one of the easiest to deal with.

That configuration is only for farm normal rift and grift until difficulty level 94 for upping gems and farm more exp, my main configuration have the “Istvans paired blades” (set weapons) and rings I use “Convention of elements” and Zodiac. After that I’ve writed this post I’ve forgot to return in main configuration in game. You can look now my main configuration, is saved now.

Yes, I need to find the all resists in boots and legs. Anyway thanks for your comment and your help :slight_smile:

Took another look…

Are you mostly playing in groups? The reason I ask is that your Templar is completely ungeared. Take a quick look at mine - Meteorblade - there’s some healing available but the most important thing is the Oculus ring, as it’ll certainly aid your clearances, especially if you ground stomp / ancient spear things into it, whilst on your CoE’s physical cycle.

I play often alone and very rarely I play in groups, is interesting your stun combo in your templar thanks for the info!
Anyway I go in passive (with all damage reductions bonus activated from equip and skills: Band of might ring + Wasted set damage reduction during WW + Ignore Pain Skill + Mortick’s Brace [Berserker gains avery rune]) when Raiziel hit me only with the ray attack, this happen from the last 3 seasons, in the previous seasons the boss was not a problem. All other bosses deal me normal damage with special attacks and I go never in passive.