Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended!

Ohhh… they gave us an extra pierce :laughing: and it’s going to be sooo much fun with Nemesis on follower when every pylon can mean instant death. (Unless it’s a shield pylon).

1 Like

That’s scary if you think what they can do to any class at any moment. I can give you an example. Next season let’s say they decide to burry monk or barb, at the same time the make 2 reworks to two other classes (we all know 1 of these 2 starts with N) and alternate between making them ridiculously strong or extremely week in every ptr iteration. Everyone has their attention on the reworked sets, after weeks of nagging and complaining they finally fix them and no one bothers how or why e.g. monk and barb lost basically their only strong pushing build.

I don’t know if this was asked before or if it is a stupid question but…will now the followers be allowed in multiplayer games too? So far, when one joins a game, all the followers are sent to town.

Yes, it was.

The answer is… it depends.
Followers are normally only available when you’re playing solo.
However, there is a crafted set of armour…

Asheara’s Vestments…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-custodian
https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-finders
https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-ward
https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ashearas-pace

This set has the following 4-piece bonus…

Attacks cause your followers to occasionally come to your aid.

…which causes all three of your followers to appear. If I remember rightly, the internal cooldown is 60 seconds and the followers last 30 seconds, so they won’t always be up. However, in normal group play, you wouldn’t include this set because you’d lose too much damage by breaking the 6-piece bonus of your usual armour set.

But, it’s possible for a support DH to include these items, as they don’t need 6 pieces of a set in the first place, so they can wear 3 of this set, 3 of GoD, a Ring of Royal Grandeur, get the 4-piece bonus of both sets, and have all three of their followers up for roughly 50% of the time they’re in combat, with the followers all providing buffs to the party.

1 Like

Thank you, Meteorblade
So I understand that this buff will not have too much impact in multiplayer games, except of course the builds you mentioned.
This one should have been the bonus of the season: “Guardian’s Guards” or “Hidden Terms” - “Your follower will not be sent to town when more players are in a game” :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

In very optimized groups, supports can wear this set to summon followers so it can still be effective in multiplayer. If you are playing super causally though with 4 dps builds then yeah probably not so much. But it’s okay cause a support by nature can do all the stuff the followers do but even better. It d be nice to have all 3 followers with a simple item like a gem or a ring or even a season theme to make things simpler. More future seasons may also focus improving followers so that’s a good thing.

Update from the US Community Manager about upcoming Firebird changes…

—===[ EDIT ]===—

Another update from the US Community Manager…

Patch notes have been updated…

3 Likes

thx for listening.

now just give us a theme! even if its an old one pls

1 Like

Perfect answer. Thank you. I am not planning to play the season. Followers and sets will work on non - season to.

So in another words, we have like 1 week between the seasons ? this sucks, big time ! ! ! waiting for ages this season to finish and then boom, we got 1 week…Honestly, you have to change this !!

I fully understand how disturbing, upsetting and stressful this is for you - but I sincerely hope you’ll have the strength to get through this painful ordeal without too many scars on your soul.
Since you don’t plan on doing season, may I suggest that you take it easy and only play a little each day when the patch arrives. Stay healthy.

1 Like

No you don’t ! You don’t really understand ! Thank you for your advice. I am not planning to play the season yes, no point as I already have the pet and the portrait from season 13. The only reason to play will be that extra pet and portrait ( I don’t need to have 50 pets ) and that is pointless. I was talking about the short time they give us to play on non season before they change the sets and items. I got 4k paragons this season and I would like to play on non season with my non seasonal chars before they mess up the sets and items. Not really fair of 20 weeks season and 5-6 days between the seasons is it ? And don’t worry about my soul, it is where it should be :slight_smile:

I think, perhaps, you’ve missed that Jazz used the sarcasm font in his post.

This season lasted 127 days and you have another two days until 2.7.0 is applied to live. If you wanted to play non-seasonal on unaltered sets, you’ve had four months to do so.

2 Likes

Another fun fact is that most people complain that two weeks between season end and start is too long!

Just appeared on the Battlenet launcher today…

Scheduled maintenance will be on Tuesday, 30th March from 20:00 (CEST) until 22:00 (CEST). During this time, the game will be unavailable for play.

So, it looks like that’s when Patch 2.7.0 will be applied to EU servers.

Not one to post often, most of the time it’s just not worth it, however, well done on acknowledgement of solo playing. It’s a good start. Next add an item we can get more XP from the follower with. That’s the biggest solo player issue still.

1 Like

It’s started on EU…

And as usually, servers down…

1 Like

so there is no season buff?

I would refer you to post 4 in this thread, from almost three weeks ago…