Season 26 - The Fall of the Nephalem - Patch 2.7.3 Preview Blog

Season 26 - The Fall of the Nephalem - Patch 2.7.3 Preview Blog

Read on to learn more about the new seasonal theme and new balance changes in Patch 2.7.3!

View Full Article

1 Like

Cosmetic rewards for completion of Chapter IV…

Cosmetic rewards for completion of Guardian…

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 26:

• Barbarian – The Legacy of Raekor
  • Crusader – Armor of Akkhan
  • Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder
  • Monk – Inna’s Reach
  • Necromancer – Pestilence Master’s Shroud
  • Witch Doctor – Zunimassa’s Haunt
  • Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus

Lots of changes to the Echoing Nightmares, all of which make them even less attractive to Hardcore players.

Season 25 ends at 17:00 CEST, Sunday, 10th April
Patch 2.7.3 applied to live on Tuesday, 12th April
Season 26 begins at 17:00 CEST, Friday, 15th April

1 Like

Sadly there is no overpowered build or overpowered theme (or a combination of the two).

adjusted xp rewards?
shield pylon for a speed pylon?
adjusted diificulty after 100+ in which direction? harder? easier?

group players get a huge advantage, the removal of the shield pylon will further remove the potential of a lot of builds, espacially for solo players.

i am scared tbh :thinking:

4 Likes

Disappointed with the EXP nerf to EN, expected it somewhat, but not to a poultry GR amount.
EN is just for the augment gem, absolutely nothing else.

Were players meant to be excited about this change?

4 Likes

As a casual solo player, these notes are disappointing to the point that I’ll probably not play this season.

5 Likes

Sad. No seasonal theme and the only exciting thing about the EN was the higher XP and that gets nerfed. Might skip this season. Next season will have the same features plus (hopfully) a new seasonal theme.
I was so pumped for this season too…

2 Likes

The only exciting thing about this season was the xp from the en, it finally gave solo players hope instead of forcing us into group play, and you’ve further done that by replacing shield with speed since now groups will have an easier time in the en. These changes have killed all excitement I had for the season and I will likely play for 2 days now and then quit until the following season.

3 Likes

This season that is starting soon is an insult to casual and solo players ( being discriminated against, we paid money for the game too, its not fair to aim all the benefits at groups ), season 26 - play these classes or don’t get far, that seems to be the basic point of this season, the necros best ring has been rendered useless in Echoing Nightmares due to the recent patch notes, only one DH class is even worth while playing and there have been no buffs to wizards or necros in a few seasons

I honestly don’t know if I would continue playing the game if this trend continues.

edit - looking at the patch notes, I think I will not bother with this season unless things change dramatically, no theme, nerfed exp to the supposed ‘rewarding’ end game mode to match only that of a GR150 ( in theory anyway ), I see absolutely no reason to bother playing season 26

3 Likes

I feel like the 3 nerfs to EN (reduced drop rate for the key, reduced XP, increased difficulty) will make this season a lot less exciting for players.
I was planning to farm paragon levels in this new endgame but now that the XP is the same as Grift, I could farm faster in non season, it makes this season a lot less interesting.

I am still happy for the changes to rifts and Orek dream, and I hope Echoing Nightmare will stay in the game.

1 Like

I don’t know the numbers and how things work out but there might still be an advantage in doing ENs compared to playing non season.

Can you piss more on honest hc players? at least keep the shield pylon in hc. or better yet remove perma death in echoing nightmares like in dungeouns.

6 Likes

I don’t see any reason to play this season, no Fancy pants gems, nothing. That’s what brought me back season 25… I’ll skip this one

1 Like

The end chest rewards from an Echoing Nightmare drops an item which matches the Tier you managed to survive until, up to a maximum of Tier 125. This means that you can get an item that can be used to give Rank 125 Caldesann’s Despair augments in 2-3 minutes, rather than having to run GRs to level legendary gems from 0-125 (a minimum of 25 GRs).

1 Like

You could also play for one more stash tab and diversify into other classes for a change… and play just for the fun of it… and for the lollipop pet.

seems pointless season. no new gear to hunt. game is all about gear hunt and blizz seems forget tis again ><

If this is your main account:

I would say that there is plenty to hunt for.

some sort next level of primal ancient gear would be nice. some think that is so rare that make people jump in youtube videos. give reason to keep pushing.

these petrified screams have a garbage drop rate of around 5%. completely useless and not even worth playing the season, blizzard you MUST increase drop rate so we can actually enjoy this new feature. ive been grinding rifts and have found ZERO like what the actual hell.

3 Likes

Dont know why Blizzard make a season speacial and then goes and make sure we can’t do it by giving us a small chanse of getting the key to do the EN. bump the drop rate to a minimum of 20% so that we may actually do the season