Solo ladder should be solo

I hate the fact that the current solo ladder is filled with people not playing solo. Basically everyone will gear and level in a group and then complete rifts themselves.

I think the solo leaderboard should exclude anyone who has completed any greater rift in a group. Just make a warning pop up if they are about to do the first group one by accident saying that it will stop them being on the solo leaderboard if they continue. Bounties or normal rifts would still be fine to group for. I prefer playing solo, except bounties because they always suck, but as a solo player it is impossible to compete with those who group up for exp and gear.

Tldr: solo leaderboard should not have anyone who has grouped with others in a greater rift ever.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Facts: every season I see players on the leaderboards who mostly (or even exclusively - apart from bounties) have geared and levelled solo. You can play solo and still get at spot on the leaderboards.

It is definitely possible to get on the leader boards solo, but it is also easier to do when playing with a group for levelling and gearing. Party play is just more efficient. I think everyone on the solo leaderboard should be truly solo, otherwise it’s not a solo leaderboard.

1 Like

For greater rifts multiplayer is only better and more efficient if you play in dedicated groups. If you play in random, public groups it can easily hold you back.

Since you emphasize “solo” it seems you want a 100% solo league, which also includes solo bounties…

The idea of a solo self found mode has been suggested several times over the past years. It’s very unlikely that it’ll ever be implemented. The core of the game leans toward multiplayer even though the recent follower changes has made it a bit easier to be a solo player.

You are going to have a lot of exclusions.

What if someone a year ago ran in groups with no interest in leader boards but now wants to weigh in the league?

He would have to start a new hero in solo mode (season or non season). But as I said there is little chance of solo mode being implemented.

It’s too harsh. In real life this would be “Guilty without the chance to be proven innocent”

how about two separate solo leaderboards?

1 for all (who previously played in group GRs) and 1 for pure solo players?

Tell me…

How i can get enough XP to level after 4k??
I mean, to keep leveling you need a group, you must play in group to level faster, timer and gear is diablo3 main things.

This is a point for players who like solo gaming, but, i’d like to remind you, before solo 130, solo gaming is Childs play.

Seasonal solo selfound? make upon character creation an character locked for only single player no help at all from other’s but have there completely own leaderboards?

Doubt we would see it, but wouldnt mind it