Stupid deaths/buggy season

1. Came back from cut scene in Malthael battle, to find he’d already raised a cloud around me and I was already dying.
  2. The Butcher died in front of the chest while the flames were coming through the floor. I waited a while, but the flames never went out, and killed me when I tried to claim the treasure. :skull_and_crossbones: :poop:
  3. I took a break from level 11 to make some easy points, taking it down to level 10. The first rift I opened hit me with 5 or 6 different rare+ enemies at the same time, all of which were elementals of different types. I couldn’t seem to kill anything and it took 5 minutes to clear a few yards, then I died at the hands of a basic morlu incinerator.
  4. After I quit and restarted, I opened a rift on level 10 and the first rare enemy I fought kept coming back to life over and over. Had to quit the game to get out.
    This season is buggy as hell.

Problems can be caused by your own hardware that may give long loading times, low frame rate etc. You may also experience poor internet connection to the Diablo servers from time to time depending on where you live or what internet provider or gear that you have.

GR maps differ greatly in intensity. Especially Festering Woods where you can have multiple elites and packs right at the entrance. If you are not strong enough or you have a build that needs time to get all buffs up these maps can be difficult.

From time to time I think most of us experience anomalities while playing.

2 Likes

“Problems can be caused by your own hardware that may give long loading times, low frame rate etc. You may also experience poor internet connection to the Diablo servers from time to time depending on where you live or what internet provider or gear that you have…”

Biggest problems are in Blizzard-servers, there are no doubt. For myself, 2 machine (with same connection same time) timed 12-90 ms difference pinging same server.No pl on both.
To say that Blizzard’s servers arent the problem - You Can K!ZZ My AZZ !!

No thanks. Even if I would I couldn’t because your head seems to be stuck there…

Sorry for breaching code of conduct…

1 Like

If the game “hits” you with multiple champions or elites it is usually a good thing. Especially on a nephelim rift that you want to get in and get the keys/materials/loot and get out as fast as you can to jump to the next one. If you take 5 minutes to clear a few yards you are definitely at the wrong torment difficulty. Some trash mobs (white names) are also very capable of killing you.
The part that you were killing something and kept coming back could be just a pack of champions with the illusionist affix and you were just killing the illusions. I can’t access your profile to take a look at your characters but i am taking a guess that you are undergeared for higher torments. Deaths are ok as long as you are not playing in hardcore. Same thing has happened to me with the butcher a couple of times. Even when one - shotted the flames came out delayed and even though they didn’t kill me, i had to use potion.

1 Like

In the good old days the Voracity (Ghom) rift guardian would have his deadly poison gas cloud linger for some time after his death and you could get killed from the Sand Shaper explosion when he died.

2 Likes

Oh yes the good old days

I remember it well. Many a death that way.

1 Like

i loved it when i first ever used the templar, with the “gain access to all skills” relic, and if he died so did I, then he said “That was invigorating”

:laughing: