Suggestion: Home Town

Enabling players to select their home town via checkmarker on Act Maps.
I Personally prefer using New Tristram rather than any of the other towns simply due to shorter distance between the stuff you use the most and aestetics.
Not that pressing “M” and clicking a town is complex, but when hopping in and out of lobbys to find a decent match for your game, or swapping heroes regulairly, it becomes tedious to repeatedly have to select your preferrance every time.

Rather than having to implement new UI elements which allow you to set which town you want to set as your default, why not just implement it that you start in the same town you last exited the game from, i.e. if you were in New Tristram when you left game, you’ll be in New Tristram the next time you enter the game.

However, all this is unlikely, as the varying of the starter town is a leftover from when we used to have Bounty bonus acts which changed every hour. Whilst we no longer have bonus acts (as the cache + bounty cache were amalgamated into a single cache with the combined contents), the rotation of the starter map still changes once per hour.

1 Like

That is one thing they got right on the console version, you must set start act before entering a game, and it stays the same until you change it. That version also had bonus bounty act once.

Otherwise I agree with Meteor that you should start where you left.

However implementation is done It would be a positive improvement.
Starting where you last left is just as good if not better, no UI elements need to be edited, same result.