The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2022!

The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3, 2022!

Our anniversary event is fast approaching! Prepare to face mysterious cultists and enter a portal into Diablo's past.

View Full Article

1 Like

From the article…

The cultists will appear on December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 31 at 4 p.m. PST.

PST to GMT Convertor
PST to CET Convertor

Cultists Appear (dropping the notes)…
16:00 PST December 31st = 00:00 GMT January 1st = 01:00 CET January 1st

Portal (to access the dungeon)…
16:00 PST January 3rd = 00:00 GMT January 4th = 01:00 CET January 4th

Event Ends…
16:00 PST January 31st = 00:00 GMT February 1st = 01:00 CET February 1st

Portal is live now…

[ EDIT ]

If you’re struggling to obtain Soul Shards, pay a visit to The Butcher in the event dungeon, as he drops one of every shard, every time you kill him. You can get to the portal, into the dungeon, and to level 2 where he is very comfortably within 2 minutes per run. You could obtain huge numbers of soul shards this way, then you just need to find hundreds of embers.

2 Likes

Also if you already have plenty of soul shards, you can use this method to farm regular gems for augments. Salvaging a soul shard yields either 3x imperial or 1x flawless royal gem of random type. So even at worst you’ll get 21x imperial gems per run.

The one thing this season has a bit of a shortage is gems and this helps a lot.

The Skeleton King, one level lower and into his chamber, will yield the same amount of shards (7 on T16). So do both once you’re at it.

1 Like

Hey guys, one question. I play D3 Season 25 hardcore, first time i try this The darkening of Tristram event. I killed Dark Lord and immediately after that, the movie starts to play, you know, like between acts and at the start of the game, or end, so i watch that, and when it ends, i am dead - my witch doctor was slained by some one mob in the game… but i didnt play the game - there was this movie playing, no game… i dont understand that… wtf

Yeah… the movie when you kill the Dark Lord does not pause the game… and if there is a monster left somewhere on that level, he may attack you and kill you. At least, that’s the theory. Was a screenshot taken automatically like the game does normally when a HC hero dies ? Does it show the monster ?

The issue has been reported ever since this event exist… and it hasn’t been fixed. So, perhaps, it is intended behaviour. In any case, as with any dead HC hero, RIP.

2 Likes

That’s why, I disabled all movies from playing, just to prevent this from happening. That’s is good, that there is that option in the game UI…

Reminder that this event ends in a couple of days’ time…
Countdown until end of event

2 Likes