The Ultimate Forum Guide (Codes, Trust Levels, FAQ)

I rate this post as
:blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

You just used up all your :blue_heart: for the day!

1 Like

TY Pachi! I was just talking on the US forum about someone making a website to take care of the trust level thing. Very cool!

1 Like

Well thanks for the info…:full_moon_with_face:

[quote=“Pachimari-2784, post:1, topic:39”]
you can use [this website ] to check your trust level.
[/quote] Thank you for the tool.

Just a short note to say that the website returns a “Unknown error” when I try to check my trust level on French language Europe. See https://i.imgur.com/PiCh15E.jpg . It works well on English language Europe however.

The “JSON” file on Europe French does not use “trust_level_” but “niveau_confiance_”… for example, my JSON file contains {"id":11,"automatic":true,"name":"niveau_confiance_1","display_name":"niveau_confiance_1","user_count":31, ...

Edit : Had to edit out the address of your website…

Thank you Mirasol! :slight_smile: The website is getting clicked in Europe on a daily basis, would love to see it getting love from the US as well. Please always try to use the link bit.ly/trustlevel as that helps me to retrieve info from where the clicks come from (and it’s easier to remember too in my opinion). :wink:

Thank you for reporting this. I’ll get this fixed in the next update! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Pachimari.

I had bookmarked the page to the US Forums containing this info, but having it here on the EU forum is better, as I’m more likely to be here than there.

Just one question - Is there a way to be notified via email about replies to watch threads or posts? Just curious… :thinking:
:heart:

Not that I’ve seen but, depending on your browser, in your Preferences’ Notifications section allows you to get live in-browser notifications.

1 Like

Great! thank you :nerd_face::+1:

And what would it take to bring back the hardcore section to EU forum?
According to my knowledge, EU holds the highest hardcore population.

The green highlight on the green text is horrible.

Hello Pachimari:

Spent some time fooling around on the forums today… I now have a profile on:

• NA English, Spanish and Portuguese;
  • Europe English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish and Russian;
  • Taiwan; and
  • Korea.

That gave me the opportunity to test your website for the display of Trust Level for Diablo III (sorry, I do not own other Blizzard games… but hopefully, you can extrapolate) in languages other than English and French.

The website generate a “Unknown error” for French, Spanish (both NA and Europe) and Polish… it works for the other languages in NA and Europe.

My guess is that you’re looking for specific variable values… the problem is that, for unknown reason, Blizzard has decided to translate those values for the 3 languages that don’t work.

So, when it works, the JSON file will contrain :

• “id”:10,
  • “automatic”:true,
  • “name”:“trust_level_0”,
  • “display_name”:“trust_level_0”,

In French, as you already know, the file contains :

• “name”:“niveau_confiance_0”,
  • “display_name”:“niveau_confiance_0”,

In Spanish (both EU and NA), the file contains :

• “name”:“nivel_de_confianza_0”,
  • “display_name”:“nivel_de_confianza_0”,

In Polish, the file contains :

• “name”:“poziom_zaufania_0”,
  • “display_name”:“poziom_zaufania_0”,

For what it’s worth… the website would also likely work for Taiwan since its JSON files uses trust_level_0 but would likely not work in Korea; the JSON file in Korea reads:

• “name”:“회원_등급_0”,
  • “display_name”:“회원_등급_0”,

회원 등급 0, meaning “Membership level 0” according to Google Translate.

There you go… sorry for the extra work this will likely mean… but I thought you’d like to know now rather than find out about it later when your website catches on. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, this will be fixed the next time I update the website. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s day 15 of the new forums and I’m now Trust Level 2. So, that means I should be able to create links to trusted websites. Well, apparently, the diablo3.com domain isn’t a trusted website as I’m not allowed to make this link, to the Blizzard-hosted profile website, clickable…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/116214083
Is there a published list anywhere of which domains they consider trustworthy at TL2?

Yes, me too.
Same TL2 and got Sorry, you can't include links in your posts.
I have already tried logout and login.

@Pachimari

Supplement: the URL of Taiwan and Korea as follows:
https://tw.forums.blizzard.com/zh/d3/
https://kr.forums.blizzard.com/ko/d3/

Even the language of TW is ZH (Chinese), the JSON still use English, e.g. “trust_level_1”.
For KR, it does use Korean language as Boubou said.

Is it only trust level 3 that is subject to decay, or can this happen at trust level 2 as well?

1 Like

Good question, i had not considered this yet.

In the NEW FORUM GUIDE - SYNTAX & FEATURES

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

There are no time-gated requirements listed so logically, TL 2 will stay permanent. Unless perhaps visiting 15 days non-sequentially is required each month or year. Or do all the requirements listed after the first need to be met every 15 days? I hope not, it would be great for TL 2 to stay active in-between downtime from visiting the forums.

1 Like

Update! I rewrote the whole website and this should now be fixed. I’ll try and support Korean/Taiwan in the next update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Confirmed - thank you.

1 Like