Unable to play on Mac since 2.6.6 update

Since my client updated to 2.6.6 I’ve been unable to play Diablo 3. I can launch the game and retrieve my heroes but attempting to start a game results in “Network Disconnect. The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server.”

(That’s the most common error. Occasionally the game will just hang mid-load (the red pips stop changing); a command-option-esc is required to get back to the OS.)

I’ve gone through the connection FAQ suggestions to no avail:

• Checked region
  • Checked for updates
  • Scan and repair
  • Reinstall
  • Rebooted router
  • Deleted /Users/Shared/Blizzard
  • Deleted /Users/Shared/Battle.net
  • Restarted launcher

Given the timing of the issue (I was playing daily before the 2.6.6 update) and the fact that a clean install does not fix the problem I have come to the conclusion it’s a problem with the Mac client. I am running macOS 10.14.6 Mojave. Any investigation you could perform would be appreciated. Thanks.

It’s not just the Mac client. There are lots of threads about this on the US Technical Support forum too. Hangs, disconnects, Error 30, Error 80.

The only other avenue I can think of is reaching out to Blizzard Support with a ticket… here: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

I took another look at my router because a traceroute (see Blizzard support article) simply hung and the router was the only bit of software/hardware I have any control over. I subsequently discovered a very old NAT setting, related to Blizzard’s port settings, which was not in sync. Removing that rule has allowed me to connect correctly to the game server. I have no idea how it connected correctly previously. Anyway, for me, the problem is now resolved.

Hey Archimedes,

Glad to hear your issue got solved. I shall then close the thread as it has been resolved.