Visibility issues in S21... hotfix didn't do much?

Hi, like many of you I have significant trouble playing in S21 due to visibility issues with the season theme. I honestly don’t care much about (or rather: for) the gameplay effects of it, but this darkening when certain effects go off puts a SEVERE strain on my eyes, so much so that after just a few hours, I’m close to calling quits on S21.
About 12h or so ago Blizzard claimed that a hotfix made everything better. Is it active on EU? Because I haven’t really seen much difference, I still don’t see the walls any more when darkness falls.

If it is a related issue, playing off season as I do, there seems to be an inventory visibility issue with Demon hunter since the introduction of the Dreadlands set. It takes up to a minute to see what’s in the stash, the inventory, and on the character, and any “fixes” broke it even further

@Shaolin: That’s not really what I was aiming at with my post, but sure enough, that would be an annoying problem.

I was more focused on the difficulty of actually making out stuff on my screen when one of the powers triggers and dunks everything into inky darkness that I can’t even brighten up much by turning up the gamma setting.

It’s really stressful on the eyes.

I’ve seen a number of reports of this in the US Bug Report / Technical Support forums. The resolution for this is to change to using high quality textures, as follows…

Options > Video > Quality > Texture Quality = “High”

1 Like

Malathel fight is several Times harder in casual play. His arena is either a super nova or covered in dust that hides all his attacks. The fog on floor is basically impossible to see, same with the swirling nukes if the timing aligns. Also the entire zone needs a flash warning when it turns red.