What is with this season?

I play Hardcore and i died 3 times because of freezing image. Last time when i died because of freezing image i received mesage " revive at last checkpoint"…wtf i play HC what checkpoint? Blizz this season is a mess for HC players…full of lags, disconections, mobs that remaining alive after killing them and freezing images.

read hc disclamier again

1 Like

yeah, cos that’s a great excuse for dodgy and buggy software…perhaps Blizzard should improve QA?

note: PoE allows you to convert a dead HC char to standard league, which is a great idea. Perhaps Blizzard should follow suit?

I never have freezes until you play with chars, of whom you know give lag. Like ww rend barb

are you playing on PC or console? console has been freezing and lagging badly, even when playing solo (so, no Internet issue) since patch 2.4.3…

Pc is for me The only option

for me too , and there are severe internet issues were i live i cant play because of it , we thought maybe ddos on our provider but i understand more ppl has probs with their internet .
So please dont say its Blizzard because its not.

Today after i made my gr114 when i tryed to collect my rewards after i killed the boss one yellow ellite jumped on me an i was almost killed. Should i read hc disclamier agian Odoakr? i played also season 16 and 17 and that bug wasn’t there. This season is a mess for HC players.

1 Like

Remaining monsters after RG kill (and unkillable monsters) is a bug that has been in the game for a long time. As a hardcore player you must be prepared for anything… even the unexpected.
I believe it helps to port to town and then back again if there are annoying effects after the RG kill.

or, Blizzard can get off their bums and fix the bug(s)?

Right you are, cant be that hard

Devs hate fixing bugs, they consider it boring and a waste of time. That is my experience with dealing with devs in the open source community since the late 90s. And open source devs are more likely to fix bugs, and fix them in a timely manner, than proprietary for profit companies like Blizzard. Take Bethesda and the Skyrim mess as an example - there are still bugs in the PS4 remastered release that haven’t been fixed that were around with the launch of the game way back in 2012…Blizzard is no better.

Some would argue that Blizzard isn’t required to fix bugs etc, I disagree. Software is a retail commodity, and bugs can, and should be considered faults, with a legal onus on the manufacturer (software vendor) to repair/fix said bugs. Sadly, politicians, especially in the US are on the take from big commercial software vendors, and do not understand technology - just ask Louis Rossman what his thoughts are on US senators and their lack of understanding about the right to repair in the US. Apple is bribing, oops, I mean driving legislation to make it illegal for 3rd party repairers to fix items…

What a messed up world we live in. I’m old enough to remember when things were more sane than today, and the world was a better place. Now it’s just plain nasty.

Reading your post is like a view into a dark, tormented mind that isn’t a nice place to be - but it’s also a kind of explanation to why there is so much negativity in your comments generally speaking.
Besides that I don’t think political discussions are comme il faux here.

Well Jazz, the world isn’t a nice place. You can try and paint it as nice, but it isn’t. I don’t like to deal with falsities, I’d rather recognise the bad crap so that I can avoid it as best as possible. False happiness is a major psychological issue now pervading humanity (yes, there have been several research papers that have come to this conclusion). If something is bad, it is far better to recognise it than paint a fake picture. That is all I am doing.

One man’s pleasure is another man’s pain. As the saying goes.

That is indeed true.

I have to say there has been quite a bit of rubber banding this season for sure. ive also died about 3 or 4 times due to rubber banding and image freeze and also play hardcore so I can relate to your frustration.