Why Your Game Turned to GARBAGE

RnG and 1hitting.

Baseline.

In a 70 rift, you should -NOT- get 1hit if you’re in decent gear above para 600.
-EVER-

In a 100, you should -NOT- get 1hit -EVER- if you’re in decent gear above para 1,000.

Toughness DRASTICALLY needs to get modified or your mob damage needs to be DRASTICALLY modified. There is a reason casters are WILDLY unrepresented in hardcore.
If this was a regularly policed Blizzard game you would be FORCED to modify it so all classes were balanced. However, as your company and the entire world have given up on this giant piece of garbage, I suppose you’re free to give some classes a wild amount of self sufficiency than others.

Little tip for D4. Math helps, it really does. Completely forget everything you’ve done with piece of crap D3 and apply ACTUAL LOGIC AND MATH to D4.

3 Likes

You can get one-shot (or proc your cheat death) far, far below gr 70 if you’re careless.

1 Like

Oh I know, but this seems to be their benchmark.

Tbh the biggest problem the game has is Paragon levels, because they determine what drops and how strong your character ends up being. You can play any build or non-meta build with 10K Paragon because you have insane high main stat, which is another problem. Paragon should cap at 1000.

As long as you’re playing at Torment 1 or higher, you have access to exactly the same drop tables as at any higher difficulty level. Increasing the difficulty levels just increases the number of drops, not their quality or the likelihood of specific items and/or quality. For example, once you’ve unlocked them, you could just as easily drop a primal whilst running in T1 as you could in a GR150.

Im aware. Quality of drops is not the issue.

I don’t really see the problem with one hits being a thing every now and then. Really its not that bad and I think it even makes sense thematically.

In hardcore… yeah there I get the grievance but don’t think it is enough of a problem to get super upset about.