Win10 2004/20Hx version

Anyone else has got those ‘freezes’ with it? One friend had couple few days ago, in HC this kills…

There’s a long-running thread about this on the US Technical Support forum which indicates it’s an issue with a sound-related .DLL file and later revisions of Windows 10. Sadly, the last blue update was four months ago now…

The thread includes some workarounds, which generally involve renaming the .DLL in the D3 folder, using a newer one, then launching D3 without using the Battlenet launcher (which would “repair” the .DLL file by downloading the old one again) but whilst this seems to fix the freezing, it also means you end up playing D3 without any sound.

This workaround is known and used. We play mainly on HC so this is really a problem. But the problem itself is difficult, for myself this laptop has no problems in updated Win10, my ‘gamer’ has 1909-version of Win10 and no problems - anyone that has 2004/20Hx version of Win10 are having this. I understand that problem is hard to find just because it’s hard to ‘repeat’ so it’s hard to find. Workaround uses SC2 audio-dll’s so maybe get the code from there and write basics again for D3 ? Just my 2cents for that.