Wings and Pets options

Good morning everyone.

I’ve played D3 on and off since 2013 and yet I recently decided to play more full time. I definitely missed out on a lot of seasonal gear wings and pets when completed by all players.

However I wanted to gain some feed back from our community about obtaining past seasonal wings and pets in the future?

Either be by in game purchase which blizzard loves to do or by additional quest or task to complete much like the Maze event for the nightmare mount in Wow… however maybe for Cosmic Wings and Pet.

Just something to think about, as well I’m not sure if this was posted or mentioned before. Thanks again.

Starting from S17 many of the seasonal rewards already on a repeat cycle and the cycle should restart once again in S29. There’s no need to devalue them by adding other means to acquire them, just play the seasons regulary.

It would be fun if they added some of them as achivement rewards.

There are loads of cosmetics available for completion of achievements…

Have you obtained the wings from set dungeons? I 'd say this is kinda challenging and time consuming. There are a couple of dungeons that are a pain to master (uliana, wrath of the wastes, and a couple more). But these are by far my favourite cosmetics in the game. Some cool looking pets are also easily obtainable as they drop from managerist goblins.

I have 100% in-game achievements, but I still don’t have the rainbow portrait frame (from rare mob in Whimsyshire) or the Cosmic Wings (from rare mob in Whimsydale). Every so often I think about trying for the frame, but the wings are so heavily buried under multiple layers of RNG (finding a rainbow goblin, then the mob spawning) that I’ve acquiesced to the fact that I’ll probably never get them unless I just happen to hit lucky.

1 Like

I have been speedfarming goblin routes for a week now. Sometimes I get 4 rainbowgoblins in 2 hours. Sometimes I get none for 6 hours. Its so much RNG it is hard to stay motivated haha. But I already invested too much time… Portrait was not too bad tho. Maybe 6 hours of speedfarming the level with the staff. It is a lot more doable. It is jus 1% chance every time you make the level. The wings is another story…

Wrath of the Wastes dungeon made me so increadibly mad I accepted that I wont get these mastery wings xD It is good in a way, it cured my ocd gamerbrain that must get every trophy in every game. Cosmic wing farming > set dungeons for me haha

1 Like

What do you mean with there are LOADS of cosmetics for completing achivements?

We got the red necro wings
2 mastery wings and some pennants

0 pets & portaits (excluding the tristam event)

there are so many things that could be done. Why not give us a pet/wings for doing 10 k bounties? I dont think many people caare about having 666 banner shapes and accents I dont really consider them cool cosmetic rewards.

Whether you consider them cool or not, there are loads, but they’re mostly banner shapes / backgrounds / patterns. Have you considered the reason that the majority of achievements don’t award pets / wings is because the achievements, and their rewards, were created before the game even had pets / wings in it? Set dungeons, non-combat pets, Necromancer and Tristram event were all added many, many years after the original game’s achievements were created.

If it helps, i stacked as much dodge chance as i could along with some blind on hit for my weapon, so the little monsters on the map would easily miss hitting me. Therefore i was less worried about getting hit with physical damage, apart from the swinging axes on the walls. I also picked ancient spear to gather mobs for the other objective. You can also try to do it with a teammate. There is no restriction for set dungeons to do them solo :slight_smile:

yeah i have the portraint cuz is easyer to farm cuz the staff always open the portal :smiley: but the goblin i think 1/100 for the rainbow and like 1/400 for the wing… so is omega hard if u not have any luck :smiley: on the past is just a same place so u can farm both whit the staff … i rly hope they will incrase the number from spawning chance or something … but i dont think so they ryl care about as :confused: