Wrong News link in Game app

The Season 19 end news link on the game application opens to a Season 19 starting news content. Clearly this is not intended and needs to be addressed and fixed asap.

Peace & Love!

Hey Ancient1

Where do you mean exactly please?

The Battlenet launcher shows a splash of Season 19 ends March 1st…

When that is clicked on, it takes you to this News section article…

So, the splash about the end of Season 19 is a link to an article about the start of Season 19.

You haven’t published a “Season XX Ending Soon” article since the end of Season 14, back in August 2018. So, the underlying issue is that there’s no article to link to about the end of Season 19.

Hi,

If the Battle.Net language (under Settings, General) is set to “English (US)”, clicking on that splash will link to Season 19 Ends March 1 - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums in your browser.

That would suggest a few workarounds, such as:

• Change the link in the English (UK) version of the Battle.Net launcher to match that same link; quick and easy, but that wouldn’t work for the other languages available for the Battle.Net launcher;
  • Copy Nevalistis’s post (or translate it for other languages) to the Europe forums and link to it; that would probably work but would require time to translate the post. The season would have probably ended by the time one could get around to it;
  • Remove the “End of season 19” splash if the language is set to anything but English (US). Most of the forums on Europe already have posts on the end of the Season… is the splash really needed ?
  • Remove the link… the splash becomes a static picture; quick and easy, but may yield more questions about “at what time does the season end ?”.
1 Like

Thanks for the info. I was away for a bit so hadn’t a chance to follow up on this until now.

I remember checking that tile originally and getting to the same forum post which prompted my question. That tile has since been replaced with the S20 begins link.

A cache issue is always a possibility, I’ll poke around it a bit more incase for next time.

Yeah, it wasn’t the only link that wasn’t relevant. For example…

When you clicked on the Patch 2.6.8 splash…

It was taking you to this…

Not sure if it’s still doing so, as the splash is no longer being shown on my launcher.