GeForce MX550 supported?

Hi, haven’t managed to get into the game - crashes back to windows at character creation scheme after a few seconds.

If I open game options from char selection screen, it doesn’t crash - but if I then go into graphics options, MX550 is not listed (only Iris integrated GPU).

Is MX550 simply not supported? Or is there potentially some solution?

Am running latest drivers from nvidia and other games work fine including D2R (I know it’s very different but shows that GPU is otherwise working).

Same issue with my Asus zenbook oled 14

i changed in the control panel to use mx550
selected it for the battle net launcher all the diablo EXE files, i did everything i can.

and the game options only shows - Iris adapter to chose from
also dont have options to change resolution
can only switch from window to full screen.

Oh yeah, I’m using the same laptop.

Tried the same thing - force MX550 in windows control panel and launcher.

Same outcome… how odd.

Hello there everyone!

Mobile cards are not particularly performing and an MX550 will perform just slightly better than a GTX 660 so you’ll be skimming minimum requirements, but the game should work and be stable with them.

I would recommend to just try to reinstall the drivers using DDU ( https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ ) and see how it goes, it could be a bad or corrupted driver installation

Let us know how it goes

Yes, I knew it wasn’t much better than GTX660 but sounds like it should be at least supported (and not crashing immediately).

Trying driver reinstall now, thanks, will advise outcome.

Edit: can now create char and watching intro movie now without crashing yet. So uninstall with DDU and reinstall of nvidia driver appears to have helped, thanks.

Edit 2: still can’t see Geforce in the graphics settings so I’m assuming it’s running on the Iris. Crashed after a few minutes and then again on re-launch.

Edit 3: It’s now consistently crashing each time I get to the first speech in the town. Specifically when I select for my character to speak. Progress I guess?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.