[BUG] Fury Against Fate (PC) post 1.1.1 Update Still Broken

Just attempted this side quest yet again & it’s still broken:
NPCs don’t move from entrance after speach
Barricade is still unbreakable

So many people on ALL platforms complaining it’s broken

This is getting really frustrating

2 Likes

Same just tried it and broken… Just take the wall down in the next update please.

2 Likes

still bugged, npc dont move, wall immortal

2 Likes

this might actually help as maybe when the enemy npc’s start taking damage the friendly’s might start working

Confirmed.

This quest has been broken in the exact same way for me (and a fair number of other players) since early launch.
And while the patch 1.1.1 notes state;

“Fixed an issue where the Fury Against Fate quest could have its progression blocked.”

There is nothing fixed about this quest.

For users having trouble with this quest & REALLY wanting to complete it. Try logging to character select near the cave entrance & change to World-tier 1. Then log back in & try again.
It may take a good number of attempts, but I can confirm this worked for me once PRIOR to Patch 1.1.0! I’ve read claims that clearing the event outside the cave may also be helpful.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I’ve been trying 5 full rounds of go back and forth in world tiers earlier today & am trying a few more times as I type this down. But so far it hasn’t worked anymore.
So try at your own risk.
Better advise at this point would be to just leave the quest alone untill/IF they fix it someday.

I have tried those work arounds & while they have worked for “some” players how many times do I attempt the world tier work around? Once? A dozen? 30-40 times?

Because of the vagueness of the instructions it’s not one I am confident to try more than I already have (after approx 8 tries I was not in a good head space & just ended up logging out)

Plus work arounds just give devs excuses to not fix it (if players are “fixing it” for them)

1 Like

Hey now there… I find this as frustrating as you do you know (Ok, Maybe less as I’m one of those players who has to deal with a portal DC 9 out of 10, stutters and freezes as soon as you enter/leave areas/encounter other players/or even open a menu. So this one is peanuts in comparison.)

If there was an exact number I’d have given it. You try as many times as you feel comfortable doing of course. I shared the info for those that want to give it a go.

The way I did it was

• logging out to character select near the cave entrance in the outside world.
  • change to world tier 1 at character select.
  • log back in.
  • Enter cave & talk to the quest giver.
    & if it didn’t work i went back to my starting position outside the cave/ logging back out & changing to any world tier higher than 1. Log back in , then out. Rinse repeat. Sometimes doing the event outside.

8 times is a lot of tries. It’s a very tedious thing to do, but it’s also the only thing that worked for me in the past. Which is why I shared it for anyone that wants to give that a go.

It didn’t take me a lot of attempts back then , but again this was before patch 1.1.0
Earlier today I had given it a rest after 5 times and had no luck this time around.
It may not even work anymore at all.

As much as I wish that would solve things, I do not believe it will.
The wall is preventing your character to move past it, but it is not what is keeping the quest from progressing. Aelda & her crew are.

When I first encountered this bug early July, the wall was destructible for me. Behind it are a few cannibals. First time I just killed them, even destroyed every object in the place.
Nothing happened. Aelda & her barbarians were still loafing around near the entrance and the quest would not progress.

2nd time I tried to bait the cannibals into following me towards the entrance. I hoped this might trigger something.
The barbarians did combat the cannibals, but once they were dead, that was that. No progress.

Aelda and her men are supposed to move as soon as she is done talking. For some reason this is not triggered.
I’m pretty certain “Aelda & her men moving” towards the barricade is set as a condition in order for the following events of the quest to trigger.
The condition for “Aelda & her men moving” would then most likely be being talked to & finishing her dialogue. So I’d guess ~Aelda finishing her dialogue~ is somehow not being registered?

I’m no programmer so I’m not savvy enough to know what would or would not solve this bug. Not my job either I suppose.
But if Aelda finishing her dialogue is a condition to trigger next events which fails to register, perhaps they could build in a falesafe?

Condition: activate/click on aelda to start her conversation and a timer will set of the next event (regardless of weither she’s done speaking or not.)

Will never be fixed, they don’t care about the quests, content, achievements.
More important is the seasons. The bugs will stay for ever.

Find an in-game bug? Help us squash it by reporting it here - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)