Can play D4 without PS+ subscription?

Can D4 be played on playstation without a playstation plus subscription?

or on xbox without xbox live sub.

1 Like

no you cant since the subscription is needed on each console for online gaming and this game basicially is a mmo

That’s not true. You can play D4 on PS without PS Plus. However some options will not be available (e.g. PVP or game chat). Probably the same applies to xBox.

3 Likes

No you can’t start game without PS plus.

dude stop spreading wrong information.
a sub is needed on console for EVERY online game and diablo is online only.
i mean just type the question in google:
Yes, you need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold in order to play Diablo 4 . This includes playing it solo, in couch co-op mode, and of course online multiplayer. Regardless of what content you do, or if you opt to not engage with the social aspects of the game, you will still need a PS+ or Xbox Live Gold subscription.

I have no idea about Diablo 4 but it isn’t true that every online game requires PS+, the likes of Fortnite and Apex Legends are always online games and they don’t require PS+.

2 Likes

oh, diddnt even know that since i dont play those games.
so far every game i played required ps+ for online and till now havnt heard anything different
but thanks for the info

For anyone else that sees this post, disregard all the previous information.
My PS Plus subscription ran out yesterday and I’m online playing solo and can see other players.

I’m just limited to not playing group content and pvp.

2 Likes

Now you cant play at all…

1 Like

Haha yeah, was online but sadly logged off for food and boom.

Thankgod we had a server slam to try and iron out all these issues, eh.

I wonder if overwatch 2 requires ps+ sub, because it is free to play like fortnite. perhaps that’s why they made it free to play.

Overwatch 2 does not need a PS+ subscription either.

Motorhead and Snark are right

I don’t have PS Plus right now and I can still play the game, but I can’t team up with players I see running around.

Also, Ive been a console player for a very long time. Every online game doesn’t need PS Plus…a lot of the free to play games allow you to play with out PS Plus and some premium games as we’ll

2 Likes

so basically everyone lied about this before release and someone owes me some money.

no, console scams people for many years that you need to buy subscription to be able to play online. thats why i sold all my consoles, i dont pay extra to be able yo play online, thats enother freakin scam people fall for it. I will never buy any console in the future.