Diablo 4 broke my PC

I am having the same issues and I have no idea why. I have tried EVERYTHING other than reformatting windows and taking all the hardware out and putting it back in. I can sit in diablo queue for however long it may be, and generally after 10-15minutes, all my monitors will turn black, lose signal… but I still have audio and can hear everything. after 10seconds or so, the monitors blink and come back, but everything has crashed and disconnected and sometimes I have to CLT+ALT+DEL to restart because I cant do anything else.

when this happens, in my event viewer, I have this critical error “nvlddmkm” and i cant figure out how to fix it.
"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000ad
UCodeReset TDR occurred on GPUID:100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

I have a EVGA RTX 3080
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K
Memory: 32 GB, DDR4 RAM, 3600MHZ
Windows 10.

Hi
I had been plying the beta for a couple of hours when the game froze. No inputs at all work not even the reset button. I had to turn the power off.
Now my computer is completely dead. No lights from the motherboard, no sounds, nothing. The game was running just fine before I crashed, with only minor lag intermittent.

Windows 10
Amd 2700x
Rx 5700 XT
16 gb ram

1 Like

Entire pc crashed while playing diablo beta now it wont display on any monitors

1 Like

Just for reference, I am using:

• 4x Pure Power Fans (2x 900RPM, 2x 1100RPM)
  • 1x Pure Rock CPU cooler (so 1 additional Fan, 5 in total)
  • Gigabyte RTX 3060 (12GB)

and my GPU did run Diablo at almost max settings at like 50° GPU temperature at worst.

Only issue I discovered is one of my fans (or anything else that rotates) making a very short, small “brrt” vibrating noise (I can feel it on my tower casing, like at the front where 2 fans are).

Update on the noise: Just the auto-fan function of Gigabyte.

You know this problem exist since Early Access, yet you launched the Open Beta KNOWING that its not fixed and can harm systems. And for one moment i though Blizzard is back on track of becoming a proper company again.

1 Like

rtx 4070 TI here. after playing a while the fans will start making very hard noise and the card heats up like crazy. Then i get this out of memory error. Hopefully preventing damage to my gpu. I think this is very bad and the beta should have never been released knowing these issues where there.

1 Like

Same here. The game killed my pc :confused:

I had been playing the beta last weekend and today I played for a couple of hours when the game gets frozen. No answer to inputs at all, had to reset pressing the tower button.

Now my computer is completely dead too. It starts and the lights are on but the screen is completely black and doesn’t answer to any input. The game was running ok with some puntual lag.

I really wish I saw this before installing. Currently at a loss bc I can’t even run a diag…

just wanted to add my experience. After several hours of playing my boot drive was toasted. I have spent hours in other games with no issues. M.2 drive with passive heatsink. Upgrading to a heatsink with active cooling for the new M.2 drive. everything in my PC stayed under 70° and game ran smooth until I got a gam crash followed by blue screen. Drive still shows up in bios but won’t boot and is unreadable even in a second PC via a USB adapter.

Reading all the issues with higher specs PC makes me wonder if the real issue is not with your PC’s. no-hate

My setup is far more inferion to the ones I’ve been reading here:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
32GB (4x8) DDR4 3200MHz RAM
1TB WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD w/o heatsink.
Win 10Pro 19044.2728

Everything in the game is setup to the max.

The only real “issues” I’ve been having during both beta’s were queues, d/c’s and some “lag” spikes from time to time, but getting my gear bricked…ffs

I had the same thing happen. Half of my internal SSD disappeared.

Your PC config is irrelevant to what is causing the issues.

Whether your system will be pushed beyond the brink or not is based purely on luck.

Not really, your system should never shut down because of a high workload, whether the workload is intentional or not. If you do a stress test (and the D4 beta was basically that) your system should work just like any other day and never should it just shut down.

The game in itself, like it was with new world, is not capable of killing your PC or any part of it. To manage that, it would need to or rather should (because some manufacturers just ‘‘forgot’’ about that it seems) bypass several limitations in soft- and hardware. Any GPU that died due to high power draw, high fps or high temps, was faulty to begin with and should not have been shipped to a customer by the GPU manufacturers in the first place.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.