[Quest BUG] Fury Against Fate - "Gore-soaked Barricade" refuses to break

Can confirm this bug. Tried restarting the mission, restarting the game. dropping mission and restarting. Tried switching Difficulty Tiers with mission and without mission. Nothing works.

3 Likes

I just ran into this bug too. Hopefully they patch it soon

2 Likes

Same - cannot figure out how to get around it leaving game and rejoining several times, jumping into cave RIGHT after finishing event outside, and running to gate after talking to NPC, nothing works.

2 Likes

Checking in, same issue.

3 Likes

same, cant progress quest. 10july2023 at 11:09pm ET

1 Like

Same issue, World Tier 3, July 11, 12:07 AM EST

1 Like

I as well cannot get through Barricade the Invincible

2 Likes

Same issue, same spot, World Tier 3, 07/11/2023 @ 09:10 ET

2 Likes

You are not supposed to break the barricade yourself, that’s the barbarian lady and her friends’s job. If once you enter the cave the barricade has an health bar, the quest is bugged. Leave the cave and zone out, do an event or something so when you return the quest is reset and you can try once more.

Source: spent days and days trying to complete this quest and the moment the barricade did not have an health bar nor was targetable, the lady finally decided it was time to move her ass and i was able to finish it.

5 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not worked for me. Have left, logged out, done other quests and dungeons but everytime I come back, she is ready to give her speech but then stands there and does nothing. :frowning:

4 Likes

What i said was not meant to be a sure way to immediately complete the quest, also because as far as i know nobody has figured out yet what exactly triggers the bug. My “method” just allows you to recognize as soon as possible when the quest is bugged without having to wait for the lady to finish her long chat and thus to be more efficient in bruteforcing this bug. You still have to try over and over for the stars to align to succeed.

3 Likes

I believe it is “random” whether the bug passes, i had one occurrence where ONE of the warriors followed me, but not Ealda and the rest of the warriors…
The barrier remained impervious to attacks, and in the meanwhile, i’ve been progressing on the main-quest as well as resolving several side-quests…

1 Like

I found this solution in another similar thread and can confirm the work around DID work for me also.

4 Likes

Not sure if this will help anyone but i just solved the issue for myself by doing the following.

Quest bugged, tried leaving resetting town and all with no luck.

Decided to leave dungeon, ported to town, came back, then hit log out before going back into the dungeon. Waited the full log-out time.
Then logged in & went back in the dungeon. I made sure to walk up to the quest npc i needed to talk to that had been bugged. Waited for dialogue. All the npcs then attacked the wall for me and i proceeded.

2 Likes

There’s a solution that works 100% of the time, be sure to follow it trough to the point.
If it doesnt work it means that you havent brought your game to 1 FPS fast enough.

1. Make sure your game is in windowed or borderless window.
  2. Set the Max BACKGROUND fps to 1 FPS and your Max FOREGROUND fps to 59 FPS.
  3. Relog outside of the cave.
  4. Click on the cave entry and tab out, you can do this by pressing “Win” key, Win+M, ALT+Tab if you have something running in the background or, alternatively, pressing “Minimize” key if Diablo 4 was run as “Windowed” wait until everything has fully loaded at 1FPS. I personally did whole process by pressing “Win” key so i could see how game is loading and was whole process successful or not.
  5. Start the conversation and tab out again by using any of the ways described in step above.
  6. Wait until they start shouting, then you’re safe to continue normally with the quest.

Proof: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1862482560

Credit here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/14o2o27/quest_fury_against_fate/

11 Likes

Can confirm this works 7/11/2023

I’m on console and having this same issue. On Xbox series x and don’t have the fps options like PC. So guessing I have to wait for a patch to complete this quest line

3 Likes

This worked for me on Xbox

2 Likes

Find an in-game bug? Help us squash it by reporting it here - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)