RIP my RTX 3080 Ti

After few minutes IG, diablo crash my PC and burn my RTX 3080 TI.
Thx Blizzard

13 Likes

Well, that’s bad luck.

I played more than 1h with my RTX 2060 super and everything was fine.

6 Likes

Nice try. x)
Either bad luck or a troll post. Has nothing to do with the game.

25 Likes

Not a troll, and maybe no luck. But if others players have a same issue, maybe it’s not a bad luck, but a problem with the game.
I’m not only player with crash computer, but for me, that’s over with a dead GPU.

1 Like

You will always find other people under millions of players that have their hardware broken the same day as you. Statistics.

6 Likes

Not sure about burning the card (I have RTX 1650), but PC crashed twice. PC. Not just game.

2 Likes

My graphics card also burned out. While playing, the fans of my Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti suddenly started running at maximum speed. At the same time, the signal from the monitor disappeared. After turning off the power and trying to turn it back on, I couldn’t get it to work anymore. The card is just under a year old.
It happened during a cutscene with flowers when they showed a snowy landscape.

10 Likes

Exact Same crash at same place, but powered off real quick and 3080Ti still working here.

2 Likes

This happened to me twice. The first time, I forcefully turned off the computer. After that, it managed to start. Then, the second time in the same place, it happened again. I turned it off forcefully again since nothing could be done. The fans are at maximum, there’s no image. After that, card doesn’t work. There’s a burning smell in the center of the card

2 Likes

Same for me, y retry later. Pc start, fan max speed, no screen and burning smell.

2 Likes

So to geht this right, does this happens only to 3080 TI or to all 3080 Cards?

2 Likes

i have stock 3090 FE and no fan speed :thinking:
no fan speed because card is not hot enough to enable the fans…

but i have crash too and after 2 error massages i was on desktop again and the system dosnt detect the rtx 3090 anymore because nvidia driver crashed completly.

after restart the system, everything was fine.

what cards you have? what kind of manufacturer?

1 Like

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X PLUS 10G OC LHR 10GB that’s my card. Mind you i haven’t startet the beta again since my first DC and after coming accros this Thred and thos on Reddit i don’t think i will ever Play. Especely with no responce from Blizz to this extrem Problem and Danger.

1 Like

I’ve had the same situation happen twice now. Different area though.

It isn’t Diablo, it’s just NVidia cards which burns for nothing with several games (e.g Baldur’s Gate 3).

1 Like

After a crash don’t see my GPU, my system use motherboard gpu. NVIDIA experience don’t see my graphic card.
Reboot to resolve the issue.
Now all the Time error 34203, crash the game …

I got to the church where the flashback scene plays then fans on my GPU went to max, all three monitors went black and I then killed the power. Smelled that burnt electronics smell. Waited a bit then tried to power back on and monitors stayed black. After a bit killed power popped open my case tried to power back on. MOBO has post error lights and shows a solid white, which means error with video card. My Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080TI is dead in the water.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080TI
Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

2 Likes

Thats most unfortunate to hear… but i’t looks like that only Gigabyte 3080 TI’s are affectet, unless someone had this disaster with a Normal non Ti and not Gigabyte Brand card.
I realy hope that Blizz is able to fix this Problem soon, and i hope that everyone has any Posibilety to Replace there Card.

Same thing happened to me in the church flashbalck cutscene but the GPU is still working.
Two times it happened and fans on GPU went all mad but i force reset the PC quick and it was able to boot again.
3rd time i just skipped the cutscene and it was fine.

Gigabyte 3080 ti eagle oc.
Never happened with another game and happened on d4 at same spot / cutscene so its definitely problem with D4!
Would be interesting to see what blizzard say about all the people whos GPUs got dead…

Well if ur computer burned out looks more a psu problem. Computer part have ther own security ur gpu can’t output more watts than his part allowing so even if a game use 100% of your gpu tdp it shouldn’t burn like that

2 Likes