Balance Changes of August 26th

• Conjurer’s Calling to 4 mana - So, they decided to nerf it instead of HoF:in Mountain Giant. That was the only minion Mages really want to cast the spell anyway. I guess it’s fair. Mages just have to wait an extra turn to get two Mountain Giants/Grave Horrors.
  • Luna’s Pocket Galaxy to 7 mana - I expected this to be nerfed to 6 and not back to 7. Well, the less we see this card consistently the better in my book.
  • Dr. Boom, Mad Genius to 9 mana - Pretty safe way to nerf him without utterly destroying the card, which many would’ve done if they had the power. Not sure if this is gonna matter much in the long run, due to all the removals Warriors already have.
  • Extra Arms back to 3 mana - This surprises me the most. Did anyone here think this spell was too much? I don’t like Priest as a class myself, but even I thought that Extra Arms was not too good. I even like that spell! Makes Tempo Priest I played a little bit significantly worse.
  • Barnes to 5 mana - I don’t play Wild myself, so this doesn’t really matter to me, but it was about time they did something to him.
1 Like

I facepalmed so hard about this. then I remembered I got this thing in golden. all gucci :smiley:

Interesting nerfs. Sad you wont be able to Hero Power the same turn you equip Dr. Boom though :frowning: Barnes’ nerf wont make a difference in my eyes. Extra Arms nerf was irrelevant, now Priest will be completely trash. LPG and CC both good, less highroll, less early game powercreeps.

Ohh btw Hunter remains untouched? Sweet. Time to dust off my Zul’ Jin.

well i like the pocket galaxy and the dr. boom nerf

as an aggro player the boom nerf can be HUGE!!!

no idea about the rest but im interrested in how the cc nerf is going to work out

I dont know how to feel about this, it was a needed nerf but at the same time they ruined the dr.boom 7 theme! 1 star for design!
Honestly im fine with the nerf plus yay free dust

My thoughts… yay free dust

This feels out of the blue as it felt like an ok card, it was great with zerek but i didnt think it needed a nerf.
Anyway yay more dust

ahem YAY MORE DUST!!!

I had a golden version of this and dusted it for zul’jin, rip free dust

You telling me they actually ignored the Amet + Divine spirit + Topsy/ Inner Fire + Boar combo entirely?
SEND BOAR TO HALL OF FAME!
BURN THEIR HOUSES TO THE GROUND!
EXECUTE PRIEST PLAYERS!

I like all the changes. Extra arms is the only one I currently run in anything and it is extremely powerful at 2 mana. Yet again I’m going to have to come up with another new fun priest deck to play, seems like every change and I’m not even playing anything good :grin:

It’ll be interesting to see how this shapes the meta.

I guess they aren’t planning on doing anything to this. Worth a try then!
Also I got the “80G play with a friend quest”. Logging in anytime soon?

Fuccccccc bli$$$ard, they really had to destroy this game for me, didn’t they? When I finally got to a point of balance and all they had to drop this sh.it bomb, well thank you for giving me the worst nerfs ever.
You just lost me you retards, I stood with you after you made Corridor Creeper and Giggling inventor and I played your game even with the death knights in it and when I finally got to a point where I could forgive it all, even the genocide of charge minions and the ignoring of Barnes for 2 fucccing years, you decided to throw everything we built together in the wildcan

You really meseed up my trust now…

explainen sie bitte

Also all of the nerfs are great, I’m especially happy about Luna’s not being nerfed to only 6 mana. CC can’t be discovered off of Magic Trick, Boom is finally dealt with, Barnes is a dream come true (20 months late but still counts), and Extra Arms is understandable.

That being said the game is still really expensive, and I ain’t gonna start packs just because Blizzard nerfed Barnes.

Time to buy more card packs! Let’s go team! Wheeeeeee!

It’s a 6-card 9 mana combo that gets stopped by taunts. It’s not the worst offender as far as OTK’s go. Your reaction to HoF boar is odd though, not sure if it’s sarcastic. It’s divine spirit that should be HoF’ed imo. That card is too punishing with too little setup.

Playing aggro or tempo deck against warrior? Tech in Mojomaster Zihi and facemelt the … control warriors.

My aggro deck uses ‘too many arms’ tho RIP :stuck_out_tongue:

Just want to say that the Barnes nerf was the first thing I read this morning in the forums… And it’s my birthday. That is too much of a coincidence!

8 Likes

can you eleborate what you mean with why?

also @ Vlad Happy Birthday!!!

Happy birthday Vlad!

Simple; for killing the most beautiful decks.

well if they are beautiful for you … i wont judge …

just not my cup of tea … both of them

cheers

Happy birthday, mate!

May all your wishes come true and may the force be with you! ;D

1 Like