BG: Add a mode to play BG when it first got released

The game upon release was the most enjoyable game I’ve played in many years, but the game became less and less enjoyable after each update.

Find myself barely playing it anymore, because of how awful it’s become… Just like every other game mode, except some tavern brawls, the game barely requires any kind of strategical skills… On play mode even the decks are pre-build.

Please give the option to play BG with just Murlocs, Beasts, Mech & Demons back, with the original heroes and minions

Pretty sure you’d be disappointed by the result as you’re just remembering how it felt due to it being new, rather than being much better.

It’s like those people who claim hearthstone was way better in vanilla and then they give us a vanilla tavern brawl and they don’t play it because it’s boring :smile:

an exclude option is all that is needed now for those who dont like a certain tribe let us exclude them from a BG

I know exactly how it felt when the game came out and can set aside the feeling of it being new.

The main difference between how it was then and how it is now then, is that at the start there were a lot more playstyles you could use and build more slowly to get the board you wanted.

Now you’re forced to pick minions you don’t want, because if you don’t you’ll drop 3/4 of your hp in 2 turns. The amount of pre-battle damage done is way too much, the amount of big boosts in the tavern and during battle stage is ridiculous and results in big hp drops early on in the game.

The minion pool is out of balance (too many T1 & T2 minions compared to T3), the amendments done to minions (especially beasts) are a complete joke, self damage inflicting minions are as good as useless because of the big hp drops early on in the game, the tier change for minions are dreadful and the increased pool through the added classes, only made more ppl get golden cards, which made the game even more depending on the luck of the draw

Everything together is why the game was better when it first came out.

I remember a lot of games being decided by if you managed to get a nightmare amalgam on tier 2.

I’m pretty sure the minion ratio between tiers is still the same and because 1 type is removed, the number of t1, t2, t3 etc minions is the about the same as it always has been.

Which minion tier changes have been terrible? Most of them have been for the better as far as I’m concerned.

The OP heroes, as well the best tactics been found out have made the games faster but that’s always gona be the case to some extent. If you drop down the mmr, you can still play the longer games, as the players don’t know the optimal ways to play, much like when the mode was new.