Bold texts unique for each class

I know HS team doesn’t want to make the game too complicated by adding more and more bold text,but one can’t deny the class identity it can bring to each class. I think this would be cool,and I’ll share some hastily thought examples:

Warrior - ENRAGE: When your hero takes damage,X happens.
minion example: ENRAGE: Attack a random enemy minion.
spell example: Until your next turn,give your hero ENRAGE: Deal 2 damage to enemy hero.

Warlock - PACT: Next time you play or summon a demon,X happens.
minion example: PACT: Add a 2/2 demon with rush to your deck
spell example: PACT: Restore 5 health to your hero.

Druid - BALANCE: Works only at the end of turn if the minion (or targeted minion) has equal attack and health.When in balance,X happens.
minion example: BALANCE: Summon two 2/2 treants
spell example: Give a minion +1/+2. BALANCE: return this spell to your hand.

Hunter - FERAL: X happens if you don’t do anything with that minion during your turn (zZz included? I don’t know)
minion example: FERAL: Deal 2 damage to enemy hero. (would be cool on a 1attack minion)
spell example: Trigger a minion’s FERAL

Mage - TUTOR: Adds a 1/1 apprentice to your hand and teaches it a spell (like Hagatha) .The apprentice costs as much as the spell +1. Some cards could add multiple apprentices in same fashion with overload.
minion example: TUTOR Fireball.
spell example: TUTOR 2 random mage secrets.

Rogue - DISGUISE: Your minion disguises as a copy of another minion during enemy turn. (running out of ideas,could be something more interesting)
minion example: DISGUISE as an enemy minion.
spell example: Deal X damage to a minion. If it dies,add a DISGUISE of it to your hand (0 mana,can be used to disguise a friendly minion as that minion)

Shaman - HARMONY: Plays into every tribe synergy like nightmare amalgam. rather simple and uninteresting. but fits well into shaman as they have totems,murlocs and elementals.

Priest - FAITH: X happens at the end of your turn if your hero’s hp is higher than enemy’s. warriors and druids could cause problems for this mechanic.
minion example: FAITH: Draw a card.
spell example: Restore 5 health. FAITH: Increase your hero’s max HP by 5.

Paladin - AVENGER: found on minions,or can be bestowed upon them with spells. When a friendly minion dies,all AVENGER minions on the board inherits all abilities and buffs/debuffs from it.Kinda like when one brother dies,another rushes in and takes up his arms and vows to avenge him.
minion example: AVENGER.Costs (1) less for each silver hand recruit died while this is in your hand.
spell example: Give your silver hand recruits AVENGER

I know some of these are useless in practice,or maybe too strong. As I said this is just an idea to expand the class identity and mechanics. Thanks if you took your time to read.

Amazing, only problem is there was once an “Enrage” Keyword so you might want a new name for it

nice one, but we gotta be careful with this one as…you know…warlock

Me gusta
but really, “Add a copy of “spell name” to your hand”
if you’re gonna make your fancards you have to use their style or else you can cause confusion or people might get lost in the details and dismiss the card

Me StIlL Go F aCe!

this will get people so tilted…no…really, not op as there’s no rest for mage to play the tutor but if this gets printed people will lose tehir minds

I have a 1/1, it turns into a 5/7, it gets attacked by a 1/2, which one dies? But if I cast backstab? But if it was a damaged 1/2 …

How would this be any good? I just don’t like it and there’s so much cool stuff one can do with shaman
I’d say a cycle type of card
Somethign like a cycle of spells I mean
4 mana spell: “Storm: deal 2 damage to all minions besides elementals, add “Thunder” to your hand”
4 mana Thunder: “Destroy a random enemy minion, add “Fire” to your hand”
4 mana Fire: “At the start and the end of your next turn deal 2-3 damage to all minions”
pretty complicated but I’m a sucker for shaman

Well you can say HP, not including Armor, and that card that gives you 5 more max hp will again make people hate priest, especially when they have multiple resurrect/make a copy of X cards, Reno and Hakkar…

Dude, are you looking for a job? I’m sure blizzard could use someone like you

While I think these ideas would need a lot of fine tuning I think it’s a great, original idea. I’d really like to see an expansion that focused on class identity a bit more, really bringing out what makes each class unique

1 Like

@Sheercold Thanks for taking time and writing your thought on each one!
Enrage: I think there’s no problem using the word enrage,as it is no longer used. It would take only a couple days for old players to get used to.
Pact: I can understand your concerns,but there’s a lot things one can do with a mechanic like this. Kinda forces warlocks to play more demons tho,which can be better or worse.
Tutor: I really understand. There’s not much you can do with Tutor (limited by mage spells),and it kinda feels the same everytime you do it. Looks frustrating to play against and feels boring.
Harmony: I think harmony might be good because you can slap it on spells aswell. Something like “deal 4 damage to a minion,HARMONY” this would open so much design space for shamans and push shamans to play tribe synergies. Shamanism and tribal lifestyle is often found together both in WoW and real life :stuck_out_tongue:
Faith: Yeah that one example can get out of control very quick. We would need to see the max HP of a hero somewhere aswell.
Avenger: I really like this idea (not because it’s mine) but I have no idea what would happen if there were more than 1 avenger minions on the board
Disguise: A second look at this,and I can already see the many problems coming with it. It’s way too complicated,and would have many special rules for it. Also, it feels more like an idea that would last only 1 expansion.

1 Like