Death Knight 42 Card Set!

Back when Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion came out, I was really disappointed as a big fan of the Warcraft franchise and an avid Hearthstone player that Blizzard decided not to implement an additional class. In my book the KotFT content never did the Death Knight player fantasy justice - so much potential was wasted back then.

I decided to take matters into my own hands for now and designed a set of my own, a full-fledged Death Knight class. This is more of a starting point for further iterative work, an early draft if you will. All of the cards seen here would require a lot of playtesting if they were to be ever implemented into the game.

Designing this set to keep it in line with the current Death Knight related content implemented was quite a challenge. I didn’t want to reuse any cards, be it text or art nor to render them less meaningful in any way, shape or form (even the ones from older/rotated out sets).

EDIT: Apparently I can’t include links on these forums (what he hell)? If you want to see the cards, just go to the Hearthstone reddit, should be on the list of one of the most upvoted posts.

Link: imgur.c om/gallery/QrbLeMC (added space in-between c and om)

There’s been a potential leak that Deathknight will be getting added as a class soon, so your timing might be very ironic :smile:

2 Likes

Really? That would be cool. First time I’m hearing about it.

Some of us forum regulars actually did something similar in Discord, we came up with a new keyword as well. I’ll see if I can dig em up and make an album out of em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZaLz_shuIs

Nothing confirmed of course.