Downvote system for battle grounds

as with WoW pvp a player can downvote/exclude battlegrounds to play in for me was SotA and EotS , so it would be really cool if we could down vote tribes in BG’s , I’m sick of complaining about poison in battle grounds as there seems to be so many players out there that love it ,so fine keep it as it is, just let me vote out ever playing against murlocs and beasts again ,its simple enough to do they proved this with how WoW works and then everyone is happy aint they

Do you realize that there are only 8 tribes total and 8 players per game?

So I guess what you are suggesting is that you are only matched with players who voted for the exact same tribes as you, but if that were the case then you could literally dodge the entire leaderboard at high MMR just by banning stuff that they do not ban.

And keep in mind that matchmaking at that point already takes several minutes. Your suggestion would mean that the optimal strategy would be to figure out what everyone else is banning and then sit in a queue for 15 minutes to then play a 15 minute game.

This would also mean that streamers could no longer compete at all. Streamsniping is already an issue, but if everyone knew what tribes they were banning, then they would pretty much face 100% snipers and nothing else.

What you are suggesting would work for private lobbies where this would be a great feature to practise, but it’s absolutely impossible for any rated system.

Or you could just learnt how to combat poison builds? Just an idea

1 Like

there is no counter to 7board 300hp murcs ? so please dont say there is
@midna how is that any different from 3 tribes being excluded now , trust me there are many players out there sick of losing out to poison beast/murcs so me choosing to never play them is no different to me auto quitting at my saved rank till i get a game that devoid of them ? it only serves to save me time

The irony of you exaggeration is that 7 300hp poisonous murlocs (need a buff slot and Brann to get near that so they aren’t having more than 5) is actually pretty easy to counter. If they’re got 5 + golden protector/baron that’s way harder to beat and relies on some creative counter play.

Actually there are ways to counter it, but as Ixnay says, it’s literally impossible to have 7 300hp poison murlocs, and even if it wasn’t, the actual realistic chance of that happening is pretty much zero anyway…with the exception of using Vo’jin’s Impulsive trickster/Tarecgosa method…and even then, that’s gonna take a crazy amount of set up to pull off and you’d likely get destroyed in the process. Do yourself a favour, don’t try to win arguments by using virtually impossible hypothetical situations

last shudder game i played i had all 7 minnions all over 300hp and attack and yes one of them the shudderling didnt have poison but if you wanna knit pick fine

funny though i didn’t actually claim to have 300/300mucks+poison in my statement did i , maybe you should read what i did say

No you didn’t, but Ixnay did as an example, so maybe find out the context before criticising

I did.

Seeing as your complaint in the OP was poison, I presumed that your follow up post about 300 hp murlocs MUST have poison.

I never wrote 300/300 or claim that you had them.

Apparently you need to read what you/others write.

I still don’t get how you got all 7 minions to have over 300hp with 6 of them having poison.

1 Like

Swolfin played many times normal and gold , the shudderling use that buff on itself , come on ixnay i though you played this game

How did the shudderling get to 300/300? It’s tribeless and there are no neutral battlecries except Argus.

Yes, it plays it on itself, and not other minions…and you get 2…so explain how all 7 minions had 300hp…especially when at least 2 of them aren’t even murlocs…they are shudderlings? You’re making more holes in your own argument

Ah that’s fair.

Play the game yes. Play the game enough to find the one hero that can pull off the thing your mad about happening ALL THE TIME, no.

Still don’t get how you got 6 300/300 poisonous and a shudderling? 5 and 2 shudderlings I can by on the final turn swapping out a Golden Brann and filling in the buff slot in an exceptionally long game.

Still loses too a combo of Amalgadon’s and Nadina’s or Reborn Myenxaa’s and Kadgar or the big mech build…well and 5 1/1 hp spores/murlocs + golden selfless + golden Rivendare.

anyway @rayven as you seem to pop up on every anti-poison thread basically telling players learn how to play before complaining , in your obviously vast and superior skills at this game please enlighten us mere mortals how patches can reliably beat any poison build ?

Usually you go the infinite Hoggar Peggy route with taunted golden selfless and then end on Rivendare. The APM is extremely tough but with the currently elongated turn time you will outscale them if you get the Hoggars (usually you try and golden them with Tony).

I’m not the biggest fan of poison but I’m even less of a fan of 1 unit Andy’s winning because they hit and early Tarecgosa and having no possibility to catch up. Whereas if I can pivot into poison I can give my self a chance.

I think spore is the perfect poison minion which I don’t want removed I think is why I won’t get behind the remove all of poison train. Even Myexnaa was rarely played until they added reborn.

Given the choice I’d also ban murlocs but at least since that got rid of the Mackrels or even worse the Megasaurs they are at least beatable.

1 Like

Golden Rivendare, Golden Khadgar, Golden Dread Admiral Eliza, a Scallywag or 2 (preferably with taunt and maybe a swipe/divine shield minion for good measure…next question

I said a patches board not a Frankenstein board out of 7 spaces u have 3 pirates ? , pure pirates ? but sure reel off the most convoluted improbable deck to make your points sure thing , pat on the back for you

i did also say reliable way not a 1 in 100 chance to complete the combo b4 poison wrecks you , well unless there is a way to guarantee seeing khadgar and rivendare once let alone 3 times a piece to make gold , would very much like to know this secret as usually any beast board i try and create hinges on finding a Baron to complete my combo and he never appears

See, THIS is why you need to learn to play the game properly. This is a board that can be built with patches, especially given his ease in getting pirates. Second, the combo completes itself if you’ve got taunt on the scallywags as I recommended. Third, just because a particular hero favours certain minions…YOU DON’T HAVE TO STICK PURELY TO THEM!!!

And, yes, the board hinges on finding Rivendare, but poison murlocs hinge on finding SI:Sefin. Every great build has key minions it needs to find and every player has fallen apart some time or another by not being able to find said key minion. I’ve have many murloc builds fail because I couldn’t find the poison minion, or bad rng kills it before it can give anything poison…or I simply don’t find enough buff murlocs. That’s what happens in rng games…you need a bit of luck to win, but you also need a clear plan and the ability to adjust that plan if it’s not working…you don’t just come on forums and whinge that it’s unfair because you’re getting unlucky or you need to improve your playing skill, and before you complain about that last remark, the fact that you INSIST patches has to have a full board of pirates just goes to highlight that lack of skill

1 Like

so what your saying then is no pirates cant beat murlocs reliably , but even if that 1 - 100 board was doable every game (which its not) , then you must also have a way for demons to beat murlocs , like you said any team can beat poison if you know how to play ??? anyways as my dad taught me don’t fight with a drunk and don’t argue with an idiot , so ima leave it here

No…no I don’t think I ever said that… :thinking: Please stop making things up to try and win this argument. You’re just making yourself look more and more foolish. You call me an idiot, yet I’m the one trying to offer rational answers to the ridiculous arguments you keep coming up with. You invent almost impossible situations and are now quoting things I never said to try and win an argument that has already be proven flawed.

Look, I appreciate that it’s a mechanic you don’t like, there are things, not just in this game, but in life that I don’t like, but I don’t sit there and complain about them. I try to find solutions. If you’re going to make a big deal out of all the things you claim are unfair instead of finding ways to deal with them you’re going to have a lot of problems.

If the game makes you that unhappy, stop playing it.

1 Like