Galakrond's Awakening solo adventure lack of content?

Hello,

I fired up bnet launcher and noticed that new Hearthstone solo adventure is up - Galakrond’s Awakening.
Tried out new chapter and got a little bit confused.
It costs 20 euros (i rather pay the money than lurk in “Play”) and in exchange you get some Naxxramas style enemies whilst having predefined decks. No options, no nothing, unlike previous adventures.
I would consider card rewards, but i only play Solo Adventures.

Maybe is it just the first “Free” chapter?
Is it me or this new adventure is a bit lacking in content? It feels like its just an attempt to bribe solo adventure players to play more “Versus” mode.

the adventure consists of 4 chapters. only the first is released yet. the 2nd will be released next week and I expect chapter 3 and 4 to be released 2 weeks and 3 weeks from now.

I remember you had to build your own decks using your own collection in Naxxramas. Actual fun.

Imagine having paid money to play this…

In heroic you can do this as well.

Own decks required

1 Like

The predefined decks are used in normal mode, so everyone can do them easily. In heroic mode you can test your deckbuilding skills. I hope the next chapters are a bit trickier, though. This week was easy going.

1 Like

Yeah… from what I’ve gathered it doesn’t seem worthwhile.
It’s cool that you can at least build your deck at some point, which offers some customization.
On the other hand it looks like a shameless attempt to incentivize players to buy packs.

20 euros for this solo adventure is way to much. Paying money to play against predefined decks with decks you have to build with your own money or use Blizzard one.
A shame :frowning:

I hope this year we start with better solo adventures (seeing this one as belonging to the last year cycle) that would be worth the money.

Just wanted to echo that more adventure content is coming but I welcome the feedback you have put here already. :heart:

Did you manage to try out the Heroic mode? Haven’t given it a go myself just yet as I’ve been too busy with battlegrounds but I hear it adds quite a bit of challenge.

No, I don’t think i’ll attempt heroic mode. Or continue with this adventure in general. It’s not the challenge i seek, but experiences with the gameplay.

My most favorite one is Dungeon Run, followed up by Dalaran Heist.
These two allow for a small gamble - you might play certain style you wish (e.g. Old God Priest).
Monster Hunt and Tombs of Terror are fun, but more random, as one “Hero” shares multiple “classes” and thus harder to go for what you want.

On another note - new adventure somehow reminds me of Naxxramas adventure. Which was superb for me, as all the bosses where personal and interesting to fight against on a cardboard. New bosses/heroes are not major “components” in Warcraft lore, but more of a Hearthstone thing, maybe that’s why I am not willing to invest myself into it.

I meant the heroic mode when I wrote this week was too easy. Just take any control-ish wild deck. I simply used a highlander Warlock deck and a Deathrattle-Quest-Priest deck that I play sometimes anyway. Both worked just fine for all 6 Bosses. No modifications required.

I love the dungeon run style adventures, but GA is a nice change. The bosses are a bit disappointing though.
Same as Lemmi above, I used a standard Quest Priest deck for all the bosses so far, on Heroic. The bosses feel like normal dungeon run bosses. But this not a dungeon run. I want them to have crazy hero powers and cards so that you have to build a deck to beat that specific boss. Like the Lich King for instance.

So yeah, i’ve finish the whole adventure, and it felt underwhelming compared to the two previous adventure, I know repeating the same concept can be rather exhausting or annoying, but the replayability was there and each playthrough of a dungeon run was so satisfying to do. I hope the next adventures will be better than this one, forced payment for an adventure like this, pretty pathetic from the team in my opinion.

Mecha’thun decks works fine pretty much any Heroic fight. It is more fun to make fun decks for specific bosses to me imo.