Hearthstone BG Rafaam

Please make Rafaam less OP. Maybe by saying that he has developed an unhealthy relation to the murloc tribe, so his new heropower reads “… except if its a murloc”. It´s absolutly no fun to see every Rafaam-player having divine-shield, poisoned mega-murlocs with golden Bran. And thats not luck, it´s constant. By this little nerf he continues to be fun to play but doesn´t get completely out of control by midgame.

Rafaam is broken regardless. Murlocs happen to be top Tier now. If Meta shifts, Rafaam will still be op afc.

1 mana Hero Power, which:

1.) Makes it insanely easy to pull off triplets
2.) Is perfect for turn you have 1 mana leftover
3.) Comes with no Tempo Cost
4.) Cheats 2 Gold per turn

People thought Van Cleef would be the next FotM, but no Hero comes close to Rafaam. He’s top Tier among Top Tier Heroes. Only appeared twice for me, both times finished top 2 with ease, being at ~35 health till Tier 5 while everyone else was struggling not to die.

Anyway, Hero Power must move to 2 mana. 1 mana is too good.

You are aware that Rafaam only takes the plain, unbuffed and not golden version of a card? So not that big deal. And for the Bran: Just place it that way it doesnt die 1st.

I´m aware of that. And I think it´s even better because you can´t triple (and get an extra) with golden cards.
I´m also not concerned about Rafaam stealing Bran, but him discovering it earlier and more often. Because he can spend more gold for leveling than others due to his stolen minions.

his hp should cost 2 or even 3 mana
it’s just too powerfull

And in late game you get easier some free stage 5~6 minions!
It is a bit like Yogg but “better” since it only costs you 1 gold and if you early net something like a battlecry summon minion, you can double the investement. :wink:

I think youre right but thats partly the mistake of players who font position correctly.

I had a game where the opponent placed the murloc token on the left side of the minion who produces it so for the chance i went ally cat and sold the token i fmdont get 2 minions for free

That doesnt make the hp less good ofc but the positioning us a huge strategic part in the game

Sorry but… I don’t get the last part of your description. :confused:

If you place weaker minions to die first, like a sacrificial lamb, he “only” gets one coin.

I recently watched a game where a guy won tge finale of the game becsuse he sold a higher minion and put a lonely selfless hero in it to give the Devine shield to lethal.

Positioning is often underrated and sadly … i suck at it

1 Like

Thanks for giving a second explanation! :smile:

Yeah, but there is still a bit of randomness in who attacks first, which minion.
The player with more minions starts, that is known…

Really? Damn i thought its random …

Nope.
That is why the summoners are so good early game. :wink:

1 Like

I dont know how i managed to get at 5k rating if i dont even know that …

1 Like

Rafaam should be taken out of the battlegrounds. Every single match there’s a Rafaam in top spot.

If he doesn’t finish 1st then it’s in top4. Instant win, no skill required.

I hate the “no skill required” argument in generell.

Just because something has a low skill floor doesnt mean it doesnt have a high skill ceeling.

Its like when people complain about zoo.

Yes its easy to play in generell, but for example there was a match from viper wit zoo against someone with a pre nerf cc giant mage deck and yes it went to third game, but he beat that deck and in the Interview afterwards he said

" playing zoo is so exhausting because of all the micto desicions you have to do"

Like placing or attack order

The same for rafaam.

I agree hes def. One of the strongest, if not number one right now while brann is gone.

But the thing which makes him op is that he forces a different strategic thinking out of your opponent.

When i can place my minions do he gets useless stuff, then ill do that.

On the other side as rafaam you have to place your minions correctly so you get the maximal value out of it.