Hearthstone crashing on iPad

Keep crashing for me too. Not my ipad since it’s brand new. Was wondering and now that i looked it up i saw it’s been a problem for more than a month. WOW fix this please!!!

+1 on crashing issues. It started around the date the first post was opened. I’ve more or less stopped playing on the ipad. How dare you make me spend time with my family and friends!

Small indie company! That’s so frustrating, iPad air 2 crashes every game in arena, when hower over card. Fix this! You mo…

They are ignoring this topic so hard that I think its an issue with the new iOS and they have no way to fix it with the engine they are using. These crash reports of users/players (customers!!) are everywhere on the internet since more than a month and Blizz is ignoring it completely, not even keeping us updated.

This is so poor.

The game keeps crashing on my ipad mini 5 too and now is running like a pig on my laptop. My own fault that I keep getting suckered into spending money on this game every expansion.

Same issue here on iPad pro, it used to crash once at the beginning of first ranked game after opening the app. Now it occurs more often, and also when picking cards for Arena. The game has no issue playing on iPhone8 but unplayable in ranked on iPad, issue seems to be getting worse in last few days.

Hello,

Here is the update for you guys, we have a fix in the upcoming 16.2 patch that will address the majority of the iPad crashes that players are experiencing

3 Likes

thx for letting us know. When will it be out?

1 Like

Hope the Update Will be there soon, I’m going a little insane xD

Still crashing for me after the update. Can’t get the game to load without crashing will have to reinstall again. Is it working better for anyone after the update?

Just stopped working for me today on IPad. Nothing I have done to fix it has worked.

1 Like

certainly very few crashes for me post the update

Hello,

It is still exactly the same for me on Ipad Air 2019. The game keeps disconnecting in battlegrounds, then gets stuck on reconnecting. This means I need to close the app and restart and hope it connects before the turn is over, which, rarely happens in time.

Hi,

Just to chime in, it was pretty stable for a day or two post-update, but has returned to exactly the same condition (or even worse) over the last three days. Very sluggish in general, music and animations glitch frequently, and the app typically crashes at least once per game in both standard and Battlegrounds, resulting in some extremely frustrating losses.

Would really appreciate some quicker action, or at least a little more care in acknowledging the undeniable problems the game possesses at the moment and reassuring us that it will actually be fixed.

1 Like

Crashing issues also in my end. First it was random, then after the update in early december it was related to “scaling”, when the app was minimized (not fully, but when touching the edges accidentally).

With the latest patch, it is ALL THE TIME and randomly. When in game. When building decks. Even when just opening a game.

iOS 13.3, 6. gen iPad. Plenty of space, blazing fast internet.

iPad mini 2 is still far from being a stable platform to play on. Just got another weird crash playing Arena, which persisted on reconnect.

Blizzard should either remove the 2GB iOS devices from supported list, or remove the option to pay for Arena with real money altogether. The problems are undeniable, as is the money loss for players.

Playing Arena on an iPad mini 2, starting first match of the run. Game crashes upon entering ingame, before showing my cards. I restart the game and am reconnected, at which point I’m left with a bizarre, dimmed screen, with one of my cards floating in the middle.

The rope keeps running in the background, turns change, opponent is apparently doing something but I cannot see what, as nothing updates except the rope.

I reconnect on an iPhone 8, game runs fine, but obviously I lose the match as the opponent had 5 turns to build a board and deal face damage.

Dear Blizzard, face it: the game is unplayable on 2GB iOS devices. It was some years ago, but with all the current bloat, today it simply isn’t. Remove the devices from the supported list. It’s due time.

Hello guys,

We are still monitoring this post for reports on the issue so please do not open duplicate threads.

For those of you who are still experiencing crashes after 16.2 please try to uninstall completely the Hearthstone app and download/install it again.

I’ve been a long time away from the game. I tried to get back just now, it gave me three opponents for my coming back event or something. I defeated the 1st one and, when the second battle started, right after both portraits say the initial greetings, the game just closes. I restarted and it says it crashed, recovering… and then closes at the same point. It is stuck in this loop now, can’t do anything.
Both the game and iPad are updated.

1 Like

So here’s the thing, blizzard is clearly not caring anymore. I played on my note 10 but after the many incompatible bugs I decided to swap to iPad, picked up a pro 12.9 and guess what? Crashing. This has been going on for about 2 months and the note issues about 4 months. Either Activision killed off the actual devs or the devs are more focused on making new card packs to sell. Either way I’m about done with blizzard and their bs ever since the Activision merge. Hearthstone? Borked, Overwatch? Dead, wow? P2W, warcraft 3? Oh boy.