Hunting legend in wild

Hey yall,

I made a couple of topics a few weeks earlier stating I’ve just returned to the game and was going to be going for legend in wild. My first month back I got to rank 6 which came just before the season ended playing murloc paladin and cthun druid (both outdated decks, could have replaced a few cards but they was doing the job so I left it).

The new season begins and I’m back at rank 10 and I decide to try a new deck out to try be competitive but also trying to factor in how much I’m going to enjoy playing it. I saw a few deck lists for Odd Rogue and figured I’d give that deck a try. Well it hasn’t gone too bad and I’m enjoying the deck… I started playing with 111 wins with my rogue and I’m at 180 now from rank 10 to rank 1.

Rank 10-3 wasnt too hard but then from rank 3 Onwards I was pinging up and down making no progress then I had a decent streak managed to get to rank 2 and again I start pinging between rank 2 3 stars back to rank 3 (4stars) until finally I got another good run going and went all the way from rank 2 1 star to 1 win away from legend. At this point I lost my next game then won then lost then won and then lost all the way back to rank 1 1 star.

Everytime I see I’m against a warlock it feels like Blizzard has shoved an umbrella up my ar$e and opened it. I haven’t been running a game tracker since I’m on mobile but sn1p sn4p warlock is almost instant lose unless they get a REALLY bad starting hand so I can rush them down and the other deck that runs the 3/9 taunt (don’t know the name of this deck, bloodreaver?) must have a 90% win rate against my odd rogue to the point I’m tempted to take out a card and tech Sap in. Other popular decks are Mech paladin and Secret mage which are beatable with my deck but it’s almost 50/50 depending on who draws best. These are generally the decks I face with the odd mech hunter, reno variants (priest, mage etc) or druid deck which I tend to have a good win ratio against.

Im unsure what to do now just keep ploughing away with my odd rogue and hopefully achieve legend with it, I’d prefer this really. Or should I just bite the bullet and change to a warlock deck as I just want legend once I’ve got it ill be playing my own deck lists in legend until the season resets for fun.

So frustrating to just miss it when I had multiple chances to get there only to be shat on by warlock decks and to know I might well have to go through this frustration multiple times this month and still possibly not achieve what I’m after.

Bit of a rant to get it off my chest and also asking what you’d do in the situation, stay odd rogue or switch over to no thought needed lock deck?

read this sentence. then think about why you wanna achieve it. then think about if it’s worth it. spoiler alert: there is no one right answer.

in your shoes, I’d stop playing until it’s fun again (or at least not painful). but if it were only those two options, I’d pick snipsnap warlock.

I’m basing this on the current wild meta report by vicioussyndicate. while both decks have a similar win rate against the whole meta, snipsnap warlock performs way better against the most commonly played decks than odd rogue.

Thanks for the reply.

While I did say it can be frustrating I am still enjoying the deck and the games I’m playing the only decks Im not enjoying playing against is Warlock decks mainly the bloodreaver Gul’dan one.

Ive decided if I haven’t made it by the last few days of the season I’ll fork up the dust for a warlock deck, I think it should be achievable with rogue and will feel like a bigger achievement. I’ve just got to hope the stars align and I face favorable decks. :slight_smile:

if it makes you feel any better, I could craft the warlock deck right now and wouldn’t make it to legend. it’s not just about the deck :wink:

Same would happen with me!