I hate climbing Ladder with Control Decks!

Hey peeps, don’t you just hate climbing the ladder with a control deck? Heck we’ve probably all been there and just ended up switching to agro instead…

Now don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy playing agro decks too and have reached legend with them before. But wouldn’t it be fun if control decks were more viable for climbing the ladder as well?

Believe it or not, there’s a simple yet elegant way that Blizzard could solve this problem once and for all! Match dragging out for your agro deck? No worries, I got you covered too!

Star fragments… for every 10 rounds or so you gain 1 star fragment, regardless if you win or not (you retain these fragments during other matches). Each time you have 3 star fragments or so, these combine into a normal star.

Maybe it’s better with 1 shard per 5 or 7 rounds and 5 shards per star for instance? No worries, it’s easily tweaked for balance sake!

It would certainly be rewarding and an enrichment to the meta, by increasing viability. Opening the doors to even more variety and isn’t variety the spice of life?

1 Like

good idea blud blizz better implement it quicktime swer down peace out

1 Like

What’s to stop people farming by playing infinite decks?

1 Like

I’m glad you asked, gaining stars via shards should never outpace gaining stars the traditional way.

Consider this, you gain a full star from winning the match (not to mention win streaks). While you gain a small part of a star for enduring X amount of rounds. The payoff for enduring more rounds simply wouldn’t outpace the payoff of winning a quick match.

While on the flip side, enduring X amount of rounds vs an extremely aggressive deck (like token druid) grants you a shard. At the same time it grants the druid a shard for the match taking longer than it should.

It’s a win win scenario! :wink:

Edit; Considering this logic it has a built in diminishing return that’s pretty severe. It might even do well to gain the first shard at round 7, the second shard 6 rounds later and subsequent shards after every 5 rounds (just an example, it could also be 10, 8, 6 for instance).

blud your on to something here hopefully blizz read this thread

1 Like

Thanks dude, I hope blizz reads it too!

But wouldn’t it then make no difference? Aggro deck still gains the same amount faster now as under that system. Actually aggro deck if anything climbs even faster than control deck as their turns are typically played faster, so they’d have more turns (across multiple games) in the same amount of time.

TLDR: doesn’t this increase the climb speed between aggro and control?

1 Like

Not exactly, because it would certainly increase the stars you gain for long matches. But due to this built in diminishing return it might do well to gain the first shard at round 7, the second shard 6 rounds later and subsequent shards after every 5 rounds (just an example, it could also be 10, 8, 6 for instance).