Is it just me? Battlegrounds

Hi,

I have played battlegrounds since it was introduced and hearthstone since beta.

For the past couple of weeks I have felt an increasing frustration with the current state of battlegrounds. It seems like agency has disappeared mainly because every player is now spam buying minions. There seems to be an unhealthy min/maxing now that causes a player to feel like the game is more decided by luck than the actions they do, because you HAVE to constantly buy minions. The refresh button now seems like a trap, because while you may want to press it to get other options, you can quickly fall behind because of it, and then just lose 3 rounds later.

This is the first time since the release of battlegrounds where I feel like I can have several games in a row where I have extremely lucky starts yet opponents seems to just have more punch regardless of what I do EXCEPT when I just spam minions. So the only option I have now is to play a linear game.

A consequence of spam buying units is that less options are available for other players, so I can see why this strategy has now become widely dominating, but is it really a healthy way to play battlegrounds?

I am almost considering playing standard hearthstone to get a less stressful and frustrating experience because of abovementioned points.

So, is it just me? And if it is, how is your experience?

Spend some money, maybe buy the battlepass somehow by magic you’ll get some better draws

1 Like

A lot is currently determined by the quests and several of those encourage you to buy minions, so you will probably see an increased amount of minions.

That said I’ve never played in a style that rolled a lot at low levels, so wouldn’t know if the power level of doing so has changed.

I definitely don’t think you have to play minion spam to win, especial if you get certain quests, but i imagine being inefficient by rolling can be extra painful if it also means you finish the quest a turn later. Buying or levelling definitely seems right the majority until you at least hit 4 (obviously massive over simplification).

Battlegrounds is still a tempo game at heart, and knowing how to use Gold efficiently.If you don’t put minions on the board, you are likely to fall behind. Just like in Arena.