Need Help With DH Deck and How to Deal With Priest

Hello, my first post here. First of all, I’m a player that has returned last month after 3 years, and after seeing the newly added demon hunter class decided to give it a try in prologue of the ashes of outland campaign and fell in love with the high-tempo gameplay, then decided to take it to ranked because most of the cards needed for the tempo Deck were already available and I crafted rest of the cards needed and made my way to diamond 10 by the twin slice nerf, with about %55-60 win rate. Twin slice nerf didnt affect me that badly at first, too-just cut off the tempo by a turn and I was still performing well last month, just at a lower rate.

This month, however I dont know what the hell happened but I keep losing to some specific classes over and over again, namely mage and Priest but especially Priest. After failing numerous times with tempo I tried every damn DH Deck ever suggested, other tempo DH variations, OTK, big DH, highlander etc but to no avail. Only thing I succeed in is delaying the loss, with very annoying game times like 30-40 minutes against a Priest. They have such minions that I cant just ignore them and they can cheaply destroy any minion they want and continuously buff and resurrect their own for very cheap mana. As for mages they just need to get me to half health and then slam a kanrethad prime or yogg saron box and I’m already dead.

This would not be a problem if there were a healthy distribution of classes but %70-80 of my matchups are against a Priest and my winrate among those matchups is %10(yes, calculated it). Currently I’m playing a highlander Deck and %70 of the time I match with a Priest(idk how it is in NA, playing on EU) and lose horribly after playing for 30 minutes and even if I’m not dead by then I will have run out of cards while they have half of their deck and can still generate another 10-15 cards with their deck. So my question is do you guys have any Deck suggestions for me or any tips against priests? Because at this rate I’m going to quit this for I dont have the time to play a single game for half an hour getting ridiculed only to match up against another priest the next game. And believe me, I’m not a person who complains much but this has been going on for days now.

Current deck: ### Demon Hunter

Class: Demon Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

1x (1) Blazing Battlemage

1x (1) Twin Slice

1x (2) Chaos Strike

1x (2) Immolation Aura

1x (2) Mo’arg Artificer

1x (2) Netherwalker

1x (2) Spectral Sight

1x (2) Umberwing

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades

1x (3) Blowtorch Saboteur

1x (3) Eye Beam

1x (3) Overconfident Orc

1x (3) Satyr Overseer

1x (3) Soul Cleave

1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel

1x (4) Ashtongue Battlelord

1x (4) Bone Wraith

1x (4) Illidari Felblade

1x (4) Kayn Sunfury

1x (5) Chaos Nova

1x (5) Glaivebound Adept

1x (5) Metamorphosis

1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth

1x (6) Evasive Wyrm

1x (6) Skull of Gul’dan

1x (7) Priestess of Fury

1x (8) Coilfang Warlord

1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

1x (9) Nethrandamus

AAECAea5Ax6loQP8owPypQP5rgOFsQORsQOitwOHugOLugPXuwOcvAPDvAPEvAPgvAOZvQPmvgPpvgOEwwP3wwO8xgPHxgPZxgPaxgPVyAPXyAP5yAP+yAOcyQPd0wP41gMAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’d recommend switching back to the tempo version as it solves your problem 2 fold in that 1: it’s slight favourite vs all priests 2: tempo vs heavy control, if you properly know the match up, you know when to concede which saves you the time.

Especially as time seems to be your main concern, it’s better to concede a sub 1% to win game and play 3 more in the mean time. The only reason games go beyond 10 minutes, is your own deck choice, a heavy highlander deck vs a value control deck is a slow matchup, tempo vs value control is a fast matchup, only slowed by stubbornness/preferring the miracle over time.

Hello! Do you have any suggestions for a tempo Deck build? I tried various ones like the one with guardian augmerchant, bonechewer brawler and amani berserker, or the one with vulpera scoundrel etc. but to no avail.

DH stage 1

Class: Demon Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Battlefiend

2x (1) Beaming Sidekick

2x (1) Consume Magic

2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner

2x (1) Twin Slice

1x (2) Netherwalker

1x (2) Spectral Sight

1x (2) Umberwing

1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades

2x (3) Eye Beam

2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver

2x (3) Satyr Overseer

1x (4) Altruis the Outcast

1x (4) Kayn Sunfury

1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin

2x (5) Glaivebound Adept

1x (5) Metamorphosis

2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth

2x (6) Skull of Gul’dan

AAECAea5AwiBsQOHugOLugPMugPDvAOZvQPaxgPVyAML/acDxLwD4LwD1r4DusYDx8YD2cYD1MgD98gD+cgD/sgDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The consume magic helps vs any Taunts and Priest this build gives alot of early and late game options. Just be mindful and plan ahead a turn or 2 with Beaming Sidekick on buffing minions or keeping back consume magic for the turn 5/6 plays from Priest/ warrior with risky skipper plays.

This is the simplest version

https://hsreplay.net/decks/ELXhNUQSV4Sq1Gep2HtXI/#tab=overview

Version teched for the mirror/tempo warrior match-up

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/tempo-demon-hunter-standard-meta-snapshot-july-6-2020

Try playing Terrorguard Escapee early on against Res Priest.
They will quit in 5 mins.

1 Like