Nice game but can be better

i play this game now for a few weeks and it is nice but
i lose many fights because i never get minions, my deck has a few tanks but i mostly only get cards with +2 hp, + 3 attack power, +heal a minion, only upgrade cards but they are useless if i dont have any minions on de field, it sucks, even i am a rank that i cant lose ranks its not nice to play. and some cards are that high that i already half dead, also with my shaman some rounds, i had +3 attack power and windfure cards but i never got a minion so i lose :S
and would also be nice if we get 3 dailys a day and not just 1,
i want to have so much fun but new players dont have dust and less gold.
and i want more then 18 decks. as priest last round i didnt get minions yes i can heal but +2 and -4 is bad.
some rounds are nice and long but most are trash, i want to have fun

Sadly that is the nature of card games, and people need to realize that. I always hear people hate the random factor in card games, how they lose cause of bad draws, how they don’t have the resources to put in. But they’re all describing what a card game is: a game where sadly the random effects of a draw can change the whole game and situation, and you build decks as time goes buy to try and improve them.
I still think you’re right thou: Hearthstone is a great card game that could improve, but playing/knowing the game since the beginning i’m confident that Blizzard will keep doing so. I’m seen many changes, them adding new content and type of cards, to me just the addition of Battlegrounds a few months back was a game changer. So who knows actually what the future will bring.
For now i can only say that it takes time to get all the cards without spending money. Never used a dime in the game, but i still have a vast collection of cards to the point where i can build decks and invest some dust in those that i can’t find in packs. Of course i’ve been playing for a long time now, so in your case it will take a long journey to complete a collection xD
And try and change the optics. I do realizes, especially in competitive, it’s easy to have a mindset for winning, so you hate to lose. I take HS as a casual game, as something on the side to fill the day when i have some time to kill, and accept the random factor that card games have. I too hate bad draws, terrible mulligans, or when random effects do high rolls for the enemy and low for me. It’s horrible, but just have to accept it’s the nature of the game. Another way to enjoy the game is to play with friends, take it more chill, enjoy the singleplayer content that is good or the other modes (Arena & Battlegrounds). People always go in competitive and complain about losing, but i like to challenge a friend and have a big laugh about bad luck or randomness.
To finish: yeah, i would love more than one quest a day, not sure thou if they’ll ever update it and make it more. Maybe they should update the gold they give, sometimes it feels a bit too little for what they’re asking, but it’s a minor thing. And i always hated the limitations haha want to have all the decks i want dammit! But i’m sure there is a reason.
Hope you can have a better experience, and if you’re still having fun just keep trying! As i said, take it more casually, change the mindset, it helps a lot. For the rest, the community here is nice for what i’m seeing, so you can always have discussions and ask us stuff!

1 Like

i had someone to play against but a friend of me who ragequits often in games said to that person who i played against, if you get frustration then just uninstall it, and he uninstalled. when i started playing this game that 1 person also started playing more often. so i thought nice now i can play against someone i know. but that other person made him quit the game :S i think he had not uninstalled it if that other didn’t say that. he lost 5 rounds in a row in ranked and quit.

i am not a competitive gamer and i play mostly for loot, i don’t care winning much, except when i am very high rank and i lose it. but i play ranked because if i have some troll decks and i can do that the enemys won’t leave so fast in ranked then if i play casual, there ppl can leave without losing anything.

i also bought the welcoms packs and it is a fair price, 50 cent for a pack is nice. 10 euro for 7 packs is way too high (for me) i think if packs had always the welcomes pack price i had buy more, thats why i want more dailys i need more gold without wasting real cash.

and where can i find hero portraits in store? or are they in packs only?

and maybe it should be nice to begin with atleast 2 mana crystals instead of 1. some times i play a class who cant do damage like a priest and if i begin then i waste my first move but the oponent who can attack with 1 mana crystal gets the 0 cost card and have another crystal. its a disadvantage start. but begin with 2 empty crystals and you only may play 1 card i can start with a 3 cost card.

Taking HS casually, even if you play competitive to win, is the best way. For example i love seeing streamers playing competitive in legend and when they lose they don’t rage or get angry, they just say like a innocent rant, maybe a bad word or two, but with a smile on their face queuing for the next match. That to me is the best way to enjoy the game, i too play competitive (even cause at certain points you get packs and cards) but when i lose i’m like “oh well, better next time” and just go on with my day. Never get angry or ruin your day for a game, even if i can understand how certain things are annoying, i feel them too.

Hero portraits can be only bought for what i know, so keep an eye open. It might happen that they give one away for free. Should be able to find them in the store, or in the Collection option you click in the top right corner the portrait icon and buy them from there the ones available. Others sadly you need to partecipate in events or buy bundles, can’t be bought in later occasions (except if Blizzard makes like a special offer/opportunity).

The mana i think is ok as it is. Starting with one mana more makes some mechanics like ramping a little bit stronger/easier, and the coin lets you reach certain breakpoints faster. HS classes have specialties in which they excel, and Priest for example is not known to have an aggressive or good start, but a very strong mid to late game.

I’m sad that your friends ragequitted and left the game for losing. As i said, it’s something you need to accept sometimes, just like life goes. If you play in the European servers i can add you and so if you need to complete quests, want to play a wacky or just for fun deck, maybe you’ll enjoy the game better having someone to share the experience with, learn new strategies and just play for fun, as it should be. I have a friend that literally opens HS only when i log on because he just likes to play it with me, do a few Battlegrounds together, play Whizbang or other random decks against each other. Sometimes we play together on one of our accounts against others, two brains better than one, and share the glory or the pain haha

1 Like

post can be deleted :smiley: