Poison destroys Battlegrounds

All are going for Murlocs nowadays and poison destroys the gamee, it is too overpowered and easy to get. Just had an game, with an 57/86, 12/440, 70/89 and 80/95 and lost the game on 5th place since getting repeadtly destroyed by 2/1 murlocs with poison. If you dont believe the stats i made an screenshot. i had triple Bran and normal Bran.
I see that those stats are crazy but they are hard work and ALOT of Luck and i still to lose to an basically 1 drop with and 4 drop. How is this balanced?

3 Likes

Who said thats balanced? :rofl: Agreed 100%. Poisonous is too strong, and when combined with Divine Shield, its unbeatable. Toxfin or Primalfin Lookout should GTFO imho. Its the main reason we ended up here.

Well yea nobody, iam not sure which one of both, but maybe both, toxfin seems to be more of a problem tho, the thing is Lookout gets to much value with Bran.

I totally agree about the poison+divine shield nonsense. I would rater see Toxfin to be removed, including the ones you can discover. Maexxna should be the only minion to offer poison imho.

I feel Murlocs should retain their ability to gain Poisonous, but only through Gentle Megasaur. With poisonous only being available to Murlocs with two luck rolls (1. get Megasaur, 2. roll Poisonous), it would be a lot more fair.

The fact that we’re now fairly easily able to get 5 Poisonous Murlocs before we even get our first T6 minion is ridiculous. When you consider you only need to roll a Divine Shield Megasaur after this to have an unbeatable board it’s insane.

The fact that getting rid of Toxfin also gets rid of some of the Amalgam powercreep is just a bonus.

Considering Murlocs now have King Bagurgle as a great buffer, it wouldn’t even that big of a loss if they removed Toxfin, since they’d be able to get their attack up as well as their health.

2 Likes

Poison is indeed way to strong. Had a nice board with Murlocs (without divine shield and poison), had a lot of lives left, and came across one with Murlocs that had divine shield and poison on them. 28 damage, his Murlocs lived, all mine was gone. Had the same with Mechs and other stuff last week. Most annoying is though; if those Murlocs also have Windfury. No matter the board you have; your dead on the spot.

If they got Windfury too… you may as well alt f4 :rofl:

1 Like

Just had a game where my opponent had two king bagurgle, and a board full of murlocs, all divine shield, all poisonous, all windfury. I had focused on mechs and it was down to us two last.

And there was’nt even any point competing, gentle megasaur giving poisonous enables the murlocs to far outclass any other archetype, the last 6 games I’ve been in has been won by murlocs using poison (myself included for 2), which is a major problem for battlegrounds as a whole as if its the only viable strat, it’ll get stale quick and push out heros that rely on certain archetypes (e.g Jaraxxus, Millicent etc.) and battlegrounds isn’t out that long so I hope it gets addressed soon

Playing BG; murlocs, murlocs … playing standard; shamans, shamans … if the meta doesn’t shift fast ppl. will get bored fast.

1 Like

Already bored!

Blockquote Playing BG; murlocs, murlocs … playing standard; shamans, shamans … if the meta doesn’t shift fast ppl. will get bored fast.

It makes all the hard work you do totally void if someone hits Bran and then adapts the locks to shield and poison - what’s the point in even carrying on. You have 2 choices, go lock and hope for an early adapt or bran&adapt combo or just accept you’re not going to be first. It’s an actual shame because battegrounds was awesome when it first came out.

Take a look at this screen to see how easily I won once I got all my Murlocs Poisonous. Even without Divine Shields, as soon as they were all Poisonous, I didn’t lose a single fight. Didn’t even manage to get a single Megasaur, despite getting 5 rolls in T6 Tavern and 3 triples on T5.

https://imgur.com/a/a6E3AdA

Yep! Typical Murloc board. Im so sick of that sh!t. Poisonous is too strong and Meta is too stale!!