So I just had 3 games of bgs

The first one as Queen Azshara. New tribe, new hero. Was alright. Nothing more. Still haven’t figured out how to play it, but new tribes are always welcome.

The second one I got a comfort pick in Zephrys. Played it the way I usually do, but as I got tavern 4, I realized that what was usually the most fun thing in bgs prior to the patch is gone. Highrolling a turn 7 golden brann, nomi or hogger is not gonna happen again. At least not in a long time. Ended up going out head first 2 rounds later.

I figured I’d give it one more try and ended up with Malygos in the next game. Well, it didn’t take long to find out that this hero is just as unplayable as it was before buddies were introduced. A couple of rounds in, I realized that it’s time to wave the white flag to battlegrounds. I’m simply not finding any joy in this game after the patch. And I’m pretty sure that I’m not alone. I’m unsure what the devs were thinking when releasing this patch, but I have a feeling they are trying to get bg players back into constructed. When they take away a huge part of the game, I would at least expect to get something new introduced. Something fun. A new tribe is definitely not it.

2 Likes

100% agree with you. This Naga patch made BGs total disappointment. Only random left. No strategy is needed at all.

2 Likes

I still enjoy BG (played around 40 games since the patch). Some heroes are tough to play without their buddies and Naga are a little too dominant but most late game compositions still have various tribes, not just 7 nagas.

Watch the best streamers to get some new ideas.

my opponents >> naga, naga,naga,naga,naga,naga,naga… BEst part is i dont even get the tribe cards that i want… while they are litterally showered in naga’s… how… there suppose to be only a few of each in the game and they have boards full of naga’s…and i cant even find quilboar etc because then i only see pirates and vise versa…

1 Like

New tribe has always increased rates - and that is SO wrong! Most of the time it is impossible to build anything else but Nagas =/ I have been trying hard, but not much luck tbh.

1 Like

The naga with divine shield have to go.

The one that makes all the other nagas cast their spell is the worst. Combined with T6 naga it scales out of control too fast and too much.