State of the game

I’ll just leave it here. Make your own opinions.

This video has many rights and some wrongs, but mostly rights.

seems about right :slight_smile:

Meh, my first post was meaningless, let me get into some details.

“Hearthstone is not a finished game” well… you’re right but it will never be finished. Hearthstone operates on a game-as-a-service model. It is not product, it will never be a “finished product” and that’s a good thing.

“The owners are lazy and greedy” is just downright either childishly stupid or childishly naive. It’s a common sentence used by immature gamers.

Bugs and UI stuff… yeah, those are outstanding signs of lack of polish, which is odd considering this is a Blizzard game and these often excel in polish. For those who never coded a game before, the basic gameplay engine usually takes less time to code and refine than the game final polish. A polished game is a sign of high quality, top game developers. Hearthstone is highly polished so these issues stand out a lot.

Shudderwock, Big Priest, etc… yeah… I get it and I hate it. I can’t really wrap my head around why these things happened and aren’t addressed. There’s a point in comparing old nerfs with current issues in gameplay, especially in Wild where reversing those nerfs is an option. Saying that Big Priest is T1 since 2017 is nonsense though, however it’s irrelevant if it’s T1 or not.

The whole “people are losing interest”… numbers or it didn’t happen. Saying “I’m losing interest and my friends are too and people complain online” does not mean that the game is losing traction. Players come and go.