The Harvester of Envy bug

So I found a new bug, it may have been reported but whatever. This happened on day 1 and today a few times. I got Sire Denathrius, Guff (20 mana hero card), and the new kelthas or whatever (every 3rd minion costs 0). So I play my harvester, then guff which now costs 1 mana, then Kelthas which costs 5, and I play Sire Denathrius for 0 mana. I didn’t get a single card from The Harvester of Envy. They didn’t play Kelthas, Sire, or Guff. They were in his hand/deck (I think he just drew Guff after I played the above mentioned turn, as he played him). We both emoted for a while in shock. I knew I’d win had Harvester worked properly. Ofc, I lost cuzz he had Brann, Kelthas, and 2x40 damage Denathrius the next turn.

This really pissed me off. The Harvester of Envy is the only legendary I got from 30ish packs. I don’t play the game much so I don’t really get a lot of gold. Now I have to disenchant a bunch of wild cards again to even make a competitive deck to get to legend with. Please fix this before Wednesday when I’ll be playing the only deck I own; Thief priest. It’s hard enough to get to legend playing only so many games a week. It’s even worse when you only have a single or maybe two decks to do it with.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, harvester of envy has not worked tor me today, I used it it twice today both times didnt work, once it was with warrior weapon and other time was guff and denathrius.

26 days has passed and it’s still happening. Please, can someone fix this?
The card glows so it’s detected as a copied version, why doesn’t it steals his one? It’s really frustrating to lose like this when it should had been an easy win…

It is at this point unknown whether this is considered a bug by Blizzard or an intended interaction.

The cause is known - or at least 99% certain. When cards with the Infuse keyword get infused, they change to a different card. That is how infusing technically works. (The same mechanic is used for cards with Corrupt changing to their Corrupted counterparts). And specifically Sire Denathrius changes to a different card each time it is infused.

The card glows because the game recognizes that it is a copy. When you play Harvester, the game attempts to steal the original. But if the original no longer exists, then it can of course not be stolen. This is logical and expected when your opponent has already played the original. In the case of a card that has changed because of the Infuse mechanic, it is not logical to us humans. But it is to the game.

And as mentioned, whether intended or not is unknown, there has not been any formal statement on this (as far as I know) from Blizzard.