Turtle Mage Maybe the next cancer

Seems Turtle mage is becoming popular deck had a 48% win rate now is approaching 52% win rate. If turtle in hand by turn 8 game over as the deck has developed tech cards against aggro decks and paladin. Once the freeze and copy starts its basically concede.

too true blud. as a side note I think mage needs a nerf and priest needs a buff. big up myself and peace out.

Yeah, it seems Turtle Mage is becoming quite popular. Not sure if it will remain a cancer, cause it is possibile to counter it with Bomb Warrior (generating another spell in the deck, making it possible to not have the needed option with Tortollan, happened to Thijs) and i thought of the possibility to add into the deck Living Dragonbreath that negates freeze. Tortollan player freezes board, you play him, your minions can attack and you might take him off guard.
There are still many possibilities to play against it, but i’m sure it will be taken in consideration by Blizzard. It is annoying, and nobody wants to be forces to play specifically to counter that one specific deck. So i wont be surprise, neither complain, if they address it and decide to patch it.

Thats funny cuz priest just got nerfed 2 times recently…

They were not really nerfs common I play the 2 cards which got nerfed. It made no difference to the deck. The spell burst effect whats makes Cabal Acolyte real good lose of 2 health wow. The 1 mana increase of Mindrender Illucia when played later made no difference if playing aggro or a control deck. I just play them if they had not changed. A nerf is when the card is completely destroyed some happened to cards in the past. Just think on the Rogue card The Caverns below even after all the nerfs that had its still a deck. The card even now is still OP complete by turn 2/3 sometimes if you have spare coins the other player concedes.

I think it should be destroyed (turtle uses spell from deck, maybe make it 7 mana to compensate) because it’s too consistent and no deck that “unfun” should be consistent (I play many make my opponents life miserable decks but they’re either bad or target a particularly meta deck).

It’s incredibly easy to counter, but it makes you’re deck weaker verses most of the meta, so you can’t actively run those cards without making your deck worse.

So even though it’s wr will always be kept in check, it’s one of those where where nerf due to feel, should come into play.

I dont see how u can within right mind say illucia nerf was fine it wasnt fine the card itself was already hard to play on right time outside of aggro yes but there was this where you “cripled” the enemy of off a coin and maybe one other card and the enemy maybe cant play an yof your cards cuz they are not cheap that was the best use for illucia anyway outside of disrupting greedy otk decks.
Where as if you play illucia lategame just like with nozdormu was the card may as well just puts you into a bigger pit cuz u cant play high value out of 7 mana where the enemy will spend 10 mana with ur hand.

As for cabal acolyte i would have taken a mana nerf or an attack nerf or change text to 1 attack the 4 hp killed the card for me sry to tell i didnt just use it for the text.

I dissed them anyway im not mad they culd have atleast put some stats on illucia but no 1 3 legendary for 3 mana take it or leave it.

I like the Illucia change as it now a tech choice, rather than an auto include (it’s still being run in 25% of decks, even though many would have dusted their copy)

I get why a change to a 1/6 instead of a 2/4 in Priest is potentially better for Cabal Acolyte, but 5 mana? That makes it weaker than Cabal Shadow Priest, plus Priest is kinda light in the 4 slot, but has options for 5, especially if it’s Galakrond Priest.