360day Boost Refund

Hi,
I am politely asking you, Blizzard, a refund on my 360 day boost that I just bought when you put in on offer.
I think that it is not fair to sentence your game to death after selling out a 360 day boost.
Thank you.

31 Likes

I seriously doubt that will happen. Blizzard dosen’t care about the players

9 Likes

that is not true blizz do care about the players
the players with phones of course

because we have phones do we ?
hm at least they have to maybe you should give them a call

no srsly what is happening in the blizz management?
have they lost their mind?
first killing diablo and giving us a patch and a vague hind that d4 may or may be not comming
now killing hots
i mean whats next ? wow ?
Sc2 i am deeply concerned especially about sc2

please blizzard hear our voice and stop this madness
we know money making is the way but cutting the budget isn’t
investing in ideas was always profitable for blizz

back to the roots is the way and i don’t mean remaster versions of all your games with that statement !

2 Likes

I think so and not on 1-by-1 basis: pplz have to group up and chase collectively. Otherwise, there is no chance from an individual player vs. large corporation. They have good lawyers and money to hire more.

And the fuzz in the social media also could help. But then again it has to be massive.

1 month ago they changed the hots store policy on refund. Everything is permanent and non refundable. Good luck.

1 Like

Activision happened. If you want more of an explanation rather than a glib response, one of the current leading theories is that a lot of activisions profit is based on company growth (and subsequent investment) rather than profit from games. The difference is that growth is compared to last year rather than raw profit figures, as an example even though Call of duty Black ops 4 (COD BLOPS 4) made about 500 million US dollars in profit, it was considered a failure and I think the stock price dropped because the last call of duty made 550 million (or COD BLOPS 4 was expected to make 550 million at least, not sure).

Which is what’s leading to short sighted cash grabs. You can see them in several activision games. HotS having that sale on a year-long boost while planning to severely reduce/cancel the game, while changing terms of service in the shop to remove refunds, sounds quite sleazy to me. From what I’ve heard COD BLOPS 4 didn’t have microtransactions at release so reviewers wouldn’t comment on it, but they put them in post release. Destiny 2 changed shaders from being reusable to being consumable so people would keep buying them. Then there’s the whole diablo immortal thing, which just shows how little actiblizz actually care or understand their current communities.

As for WoW, I have no idea what the hell they’re doing with WoW. BfA feels half finished at best and idiotic at worst.

2 Likes

All this happend after “Michael Morhaime” stepped down as CEO, nuff said

2 Likes

This all happened after they added features no one asked for but said we did (map rework, invis change, voice-coms and automatic-bans / suspensions).

3 Likes

This. And they saw what could be made with overwatch, which apparently made alot of money, and not that much work was done. They don’t take into consideration the work of the canceled game (i think it was Titan), that was then made into Overwatch. It is not enough to just make money. They have to keep making more and more money. Greed. The rich can’t make enough money. They need a bigger yacht, more houses etc

2 Likes

Well, well now this makes alot of sense…

I was wondering why they didnt just announce that the game was “done” but i guess they are waiting for you guys boost’s to end so they wont have to refund it…

That is so sneaky i luve it

1 Like

That’s an unexpected attitude, these kind of tactics strike me more as sleazy or detestable, unconscionable if you’re feeling dramatic. It should be mentioned that when companies start to exploit people politicians will eventually step in (EA’s star wars battlefront 2 started the whole lootbox legalisation thing).

Now I’m not fan of politicians, often I find them incapable of actually fixing a problem which means that they’re likely to make things worse than better, but this should be unacceptable. Professional E-sport players had the same notice as the rest of us: as in none. This should not be acceptable.

3 Likes

I think it is borderline fraud to offer various stim packs just a few weeks before announcing that the game will be abandonned and left in maintenance mode.

This announcment significantly alters the game and the potential value of the stim packs. It is false advertising at best, and fraud at worst.
I am deeply disapointed and concerned by these practices, that were happening suddenly and without warning.
It points to signficant financial problems at Blizzard or Activision.
Soon we will see the same announcment for SC II and its coop mode and the support of the SC 2 Esports scene by blizzard.
With overwatch already beeing more or less on maintenance with just two hero releases a year plus some skin recoloring, they managed to output even less than HOTS.

If Blizzard would play with open cards, they would reveal to us that they will move from the desktop and console market, completly over to mobile development.
With Mike and company gone, the lid is off and blizzard as we knew it is currently blowing up. What we are seeing now is the initial flash of the explosion, preceeded by some sparks like Diablo 3 monetization.

3 Likes

just look at what they did with the latest wow mount release. Try go read some of the comments :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Correction. You (may have) spent money on gems and gems on a boost. I’d say that this is entirely your own fault. If you had spent those gems on character unlocks, would you have complained also?

Difficult question to answer. If you buy a character you get the character to use as you see fit indefinitely. If you buy a year long boost, is it really unreasonable to expect to be playing the game for about a year? Then after the sale an announcement is made that signifies a massive change to game development that calls into question whether you would be playing for the year.

If you are to view a boost as a sort of investment into the future of your gameplay rather than something like a character unlock (since the model of investment does seem to fit boosts better than the model of a purchase) then this becomes ethically gray at best. It seems like they were deliberately withholding information and pushing this investment.

It looks like they are trying to piss off a vast majority of their playerbase on purpose for whatever reason, all games combined. Take the WoW 6 month sale + the cheap ass blizzcon virtual ticket rewards + the Diablo Immortal announcement and now this… All of it in a 3 months span. It just can’t be a mistake, or a coincidence. I really wonder what they are trying to achieve.

1 Like

You are expecting the game to close server service within a year or sooner.
Personally I don’t understand their marketing tactics right now which started on blizzflop I mean blizzcon.

The fact that they want to release Diablo on Mobiles is not a bad thing, but the way it was presented was as if it was the new thing.

If the rumors are true and they were supposed to present a teaser for Diablo IV I see no reason not to do so but then why did they back out of it ?
Pure misinterpretation of logic.

Diablo Immortal doesn’t need to be bad (I can’t believe what I’m saying here) but it could be used on asian players who spend loads of cash on mobile games.

But the decision to move people from one game to another, and not just one or two but over a dozen, this is terrible.

3 Likes

EA: We are the most hated Game Company

Blizzard: Hold My Beer

6 Likes

What about bethesda. Quite a bit has also been going on with them lately

1 Like

For all that bethesda has messed up, they just don’t have the reach of EA or activision. Bethesda are disliked right now, and if they don’t shape up they will get a similar response on their next game. As for EA and activision though, they can easily and repeatedly mess up several times a year that bethesda just doesn’t have the potential to.

Look at this year alone, Actiblizz messed up COD BLOPS, Diablo immortal, Diablo 4, WoW BFA, Destiny 2 and HotS. Bethesda made a pigs ear of Fallout 76 and the collectors edition bag (which I will admit is a somewhat new feat for a game dev to screw up sending a bag) but they just don’t have the plurality of failure that really epitomises the worst game publishers.

1 Like