-8 personal rank adjustment

Hi, I was silver 1 and I played 7 games in a row with full silver party (2, 3, 3, 4), we won everything, I was also mvp but after EVERY single game I got -8 personal rank adjustment, always -8. Why? How does personal rank adj. work?

There is a hidden number that determines your personal rank adjustment

This number rises or falls a great deal when you win or lose multiple matches in a row

This system was originally designed to help people find where they belong in skill level faster but has mostly resulted in just causing frustration due to manipulation that many feel shouldn’t exist in the first place

Basically HotS has two systems in place in ranked. Your visible rank and your hidden mmr. Mmr is the real measure of your skill level and is affected by many many things, like the mmr of the other players in the match, your win %, how many games in a row you have won/lost, lots of complicated things that we won’t really ever exactly know for ourselves. Your rank is an outward facing representation of your skill to showcase a ladder and make it feel more like a game so to speak. Because rank isn’t affected by all of these other factors, PRA exists to bring parity between a player’s rank and their mmr. If your mmr is much higher than your rank for some reason, your PRA will go up. If your mmr is lower than your rank, you get a negative PRA.
Reply By = Reddit User = secret3332

Hope that answers you :slight_smile:
And next season, the MMR will be visible which will make things more clear for you :slight_smile:

Mmr is not moving as fast as points, this the reason why they remove points in next ladder, should have happened years ago.